16

Amira

I wake up around 6 in the morning for Karly. She is and isn't my client. I'm doing her makeup for a show today, but since she's someone I know (I consider her an associate because of Megan),

I'm dressed and in my car. I drove to the location of her video shoot and have everything I need with me.

I get out the car and greet her. It's an outside shoot so I have to go in her trailer.

I greet everyone as usual, but the minute I hug Karly she feels off. Something is gonna happen and I'm calling it now. She's smirking too much for my taste.

I'm braiding down Karly's hair for a red wig she needs on for a specific shot.

"So Megan..."

"What about her?"

"Her and Nicki..."

I mean they're out to the public. Pictures of them are all over Instagram, Megan's fans love them together. This isn't news but I wanna hear what she has to say next.

"You we're around when they were first togehter right? Highschool was it?"

My brow arches like a fucking cartoon character.

"Yes and..."

"You've seen the relationship for yourself."

"Karly, what are you insinuating?"

"I don't think they're good for eachother for eachother's sake."

"Karly watch what you say about my sister when my hand and a needle and scissors are not far from eachother." I say sternly.

Karly puts her hand up as to surrender.

"I'm just saying, I have a friend who's been missing Megan a bit."

"--who?"

"A friend."

I grab Karly's hair hard and bring her close since no one is near and get close to her ear, if I rip some strands out, oh well, "Karly, stop being ominous, and if I were you I wouldn't try shit. Megan doesn't delete contacts from her phone and hasn't since highschool."

Honestly who the hell does she think she is? I listen my grip and keep braiding the last parts down when her assistant arrives. I catch eye contact with her in the mirror and fight the urge to draw all over her face with this curved needle.

___________

Normani and I are friends and have been for some years. She is the only other person I can think to recount this entire situation to that will not blow up completely. I mean, I'm still in shock.

Why would she try to threaten anyone that I love and know in my presence? Megan must've not told her about my fighting days. She's lucky Meg and my sister sat me down to talk some sense into me years ago. She's also glad I love my job or she could've had every piece of evidence to ruin my career.

Period.

We're at a fancy diner and she's oblivious to the news that's about to hit, taking pictures of the food.

"Oooouuu, sis, you look like you finna fall out!"

I exhale and puff up my cheeks and lean forward, "girlllllllll." I say the word so long. "You won't believe."

"Tell me! Is it Markus?" She asks about my boyfriend initially.

"Nah, Karly. Meg's friend. You know her."

Normani's brows raise.

"She's starting to show her true colors I heard from Megan the other day."

"I saw it myself she tried coming to me with idle promises. About having some people for MEGAN and stuff. And Megan is like my sister so I don't want shit happenin' to her!" I say almost frantic. "I know that if I told Onika, she'd have Karly dead by midnight! She don't play about Meg either!"

"We gotta do sum ourselves then..."

"But isn't that butting in?"

"Butting into what?" Normani says. "They just got eachother back and it's the first we see MEGAN happy in years. Ion want her to lose that, Ami. We need to think of something and we absolutely don't tell them until it become a confirmed safety risk."

Normani gets close to my face. I know she doesn't mean harm, she just means business.

"Not a word to anyone."

"Why are you freaking out this much?"

"Because they need as much peace as they can. Megan is about to take off for her first leg of tour!" Normani points at me. "And this conversation never happened."

I nod. I guess I am slightly intimidated by her. She sits back and puts her hand down and fixes her jackets a bit.

"So anyways how's everything with Markus?"

__________
Yup 😉