7

TW: alcohol consumption, scratched up back and SMUT!!!

Megan

Normani, Amira and Mamaw combined chose my outfit. Pops gave me a talk before the dinner and I got going. Now I'm getting ready to go into the actual restaurant.

When Onika and I were together, we planned it out to come and eat here sometime once we turned 21 because apparently they serve great alcoholic drinks. We broke up too soon but we're coming here now.

I walk into the expensive modern place and she smiles right at the door.

"Hey, Beautiful."

"Hey gorgeous." I match her energy.

Honestly, it's not that difficult because Nicki does in fact look stunning in her dress. I hug her and she feels so good in my arms. I take a sigh of relief. She is still my dream woman after all these years.

She grabs my hand and takes me to the table in the back that is reserved for us.

"How was the drive?"

"Good." I say. "You get here okay?"

"I did."

We sit down and small talk a bit. I insist for her to tell me about her journalism since I recall she was passionate as fuck about it.

I remember being at her house and she let me go through her catalogue of writings. I mean notebooks full of journal entries, little poem, short stories. The woman even had a fully written unedited novel. I know she has real passion. Plus she showed it in the way she walked through school. I mean as far as I can remember she adored college. She got to go to a great HBCU nearby. Signed up to all the honors classes and discussion classes.

So glad ti see her flourishing in this career.

She goes quiet after talking about how happy it makes her and then just stares at me for a few seconds.

My heart fucking stops. She's perfect and beautiful.

Her beautiful smile and dimples and faux locs up in a ponytail, the beautiful jade necklace around her neck, down to her beautiful tight latex pink dress.

"Meg... I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, I understand your reaction. Nick, you never liked it when someone even stared in my general direction for too long." I chuckle a bit.

She gives me a small smile and she initiates a big hug. I don't let her go at all. I've needed her for so long. I wish I could have a bit of a kiss. I won't lie.

"Nick. I'm not mad at you."

"I just-- still I wanna say how sorry I am, Meg." She says. "That Nigga was in the wrong. Not you."

"I know, Nick." I say and give her a small smile. "But that's over with and I ain't seen him in years. This whole situation is behind me."

I take sips from my alcoholic drink. I can't even remember the name of it but it's got a mango flavor and it's real sweet. I had like 4 already.