2

Megan

I wake up in bed and just lay there. I see a bouquet of flowers and some plastic wrapped food.

I don't get up though. I can't.

My best friend, Karly lays in the bed on her laptop, sipping some coffee.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Sleep good?" She wipes the side of my cheek with the back of her hand. "You even drooled."

I smirk and start sitting up when she shifts her weight off of me. The thick latina looks at me with a semi-sleepy smile. She's in a semi-oversized pajama set but her body somehow makes it's curves known.

We met when we happened to be recording at the same studio. Her under the stage name of Kali Uchis. I guess us being in the same location made her come up as suggested on my Instagram because before I got into the booth, I gave her a follow. She gave me a follow. We've been checking up on each other and physically hang out whenever we can. It's good to have friends in this industry.

She offers me a cookie from a nearby plate.

I open my mouth and bite it off the plate then pull back and grab it with the tips of my fingers.

"Whatchu watchin'?"

"An anime."

"Better not be the ones we're watching."

"I wouldn't do that, Meg."

She knows how I like to watch my shows together and on time. Plus she doesn't know how not to spoil things.

Karly is like a little sister to me.

____________________

I'm sitting in the black suv, curled up in the seat with my lip tucked under my top row of teeth. I'm doing. mY sporadic check-in on Nicki (which is just stalking her socials). I see she's back in Houston. She posted a picture with her mom and sister and what looks to be a dinner they had together.

It's captioned 'with my girls again < 3 😩😩😩'

I smile seeing her gorgeous ass. It's nice to see her doing well.

"Whatchu smiling' at, Meg?" Karly asks.

"Nun."

My manager strolls up with a rack full of clothes in the middle of my living room. I'm supposed to be fitting for appearances.

There are good pieces but now that I saw Nicki, I'm completely focused on her.

"Cmon, Meg this would look stunning on you. Stun-ning!"

Karly and my manager are shuffling through the rack to find something for me.

They first get me to try on a dress and some heels. I twirl around in the mirror and actually like it.

Karly slaps my ass and bites her lips.

"You're so fineeeeee." She draws the word 'fine' out hard as hell.

"Stawp." I chuckle.

I can tell she's flirting and I feel kind of awkward.

We're just friends and I feel like little comments like that blur the line a little. Karly is beautiful and talented but doesn't check all the points I look for.

Two at most.

I turn around and look at the fabric in it's entirety. How it grabs onto my skin in all the right ways and considering what jewelry may go best. My manager lists all the notes then my Mamaw comes in with a big smile.

"Oh you look so good my darling."

I give her a hug and she points to the kitchen and the groceries she's just bought. She's spoiling me since I just got home. Soul food. Mac and cheese all of it.

I go back to trying things on and my mama and manager are the ones mainly commenting and adding input.

I'm glad to have Mamaw here. I missed her a shit ton while being on the road.

After a few outfits, she goes back to cooking and I get all the more excited.

This reminds me of trying on clothes in our bedrooms with Nicki and her just hyping me up and making me feel so pretty and perfect. Missing that A LOT right now.

Karly looks at me a bit disappointed as I change out of the outfit I'm in into a pantsuit.

I don't feel bad. She's just not what I've been craving for the past 6 years. She's not my Nicki.

My phone rings and I see from the contact name 'Mimi 😩 👱🏾‍♀️' that it's Nicki's sister.

I guess that makes me feel a bit better.

After about two hours, the food is fully ready. We all sit at the table together, Karly went to someone else's house a bit ago so it's just my manager Sandra, my parents, and I.

"I'm so prouda you, Babygirl." My Mamaw gives me a big hug and my pops adds in as well. "This is to our baby being home."

We all sip the wine Mamaw poured out and dig in.

Damn I miss Nicki's short ass.

___________

🥺