Love that Blinds

Top!Harry

Bottom!Draco

Summary: When Draco Malfoy gets accepted to work as a psychiatrist in Azkaban Asylum, he finds himself caught in a complicated relationship with none other than Azkaban's most infamous resident: Harry Potter.

Author: aminathescorpio (on ao3)

________________

We loved
like we fought, slugging our way toward each other,
sending up flares to announce our advance. And when our city

burned, we stood in the ashes, and admired each other's
bodies. Now I ask you: how will we manage

without the steadiness of our long unhappiness?

- Marilyn Krysl, "Song of Some Ruins"

Prologue

Rufus Scrimgeour cursed through his teeth as he struggled in the restraints that tied him down to a rusty iron chair. The same chair he had been stuck on for the better part of an hour. His backside was aching, but that paled compared to the fear he was feeling at the moment. And the disgust.

"Oh fuck, yes go harder harder oh yes like that- "

He grimaced as the creaking sounds in the next room (he refused to acknowledge the moans and grunts that were growing in volume) started getting faster. And louder.

Only Potter and Malfoy were crazy enough to literally have sex with their enemies tied up to a chair in the room next to them. It sent another spike of fear through his heart, because if they were crazy enough to do that, what would that mean for him? The police had already experienced their madness, and it was never a pleasant sight.

Some time later (Rufus couldn't tell how long it was) Malfoy stumbled into the room. His red and black bodysuit was half torn off his body, and there were several angry red bite marks and bruises all over him. His eyes had a sort of glazed look in them, even more than Rufus usually noticed in them whenever they encountered. Clearly, he hadn't even bothered to clean up after his and Potter's... activities. Rufus curled his lip in disgust.

"Hello, Chief. How are you faring?" Malfoy grinned widely and leaned against the unpainted concrete walls, not more than six feet away from Rufus. He gulped, and suddenly the room felt smaller than it already was.

"I would be much better if you released me and surrendered to the city police. You shall not get away with this for any longer!"

To his immense annoyance, Malfoy tsked lazily and twirled a long pink strand of his hair. A rather garish shade of pink if you had to ask Rufus.

"Why the hell would I do that? That's almost as unlikely as your chances of coming out of here alive, Chief. That is, if you keep on asking me these stupid- "

A loud sigh cut through Malfoy's rant, which made Malfoy instantly perk up, but Rufus immediately braced himself for the worst.

Potter stepped into the room, and Rufus felt his blood chill. He looked exactly the same as he always did–messy green hair, bloody red grin, purple suit, and trousers–but the way he stared at Rufus made him fear for his life even more.

"Did you ask how our guest is faring, dear? We wouldn't want him to be... uncomfortable, would we?"

"Potter, if you surrender now, then I shall be as lenient as possible. The police are already on their way and if you resist arrest then- "

"Oh, shut up, old man. Your stupid minions can't even try to catch us."

Rufus gulped as Potter reached into his pocket and pulled out a pistol from his trouser pocket. He did nothing with it, but the threat was more than clear. Speak and you're dead.