The Fates

Top!Harry

Bottom!Draco

Summary:

 Draco didn't know whether it was coincidence or the fates winding his string in a twisted way, but for the second time in his years at Hogwarts, Harry Potter – of all people- Harry fucking Potter decides to stroll into the second-floor girls' bathroom at the exact moment Draco's tears overpower him and come crashing down.

 Draco was beyond exhausted, he had kept his head down and his mouth shut, he kept to himself and focused purely on school. He ignored taunts, and most of all he avoided Harry Potter at all costs. It was becoming increasingly clear to Draco that Potter had no intention of attacking, but he would've taken an attack over whatever the fuck was going on right now. He was cornered, crying and quite severely confused.

Author: botchedRaccoon (on ao3)
________________

Draco didn't know whether it was coincidence or the fates winding his string in a twisted way, but for the second time in his years at Hogwarts, Harry Potter – of all people- Harry fucking Potter decides to stroll into the second-floor girls' bathroom at the exact moment Draco's tears overpower him and come crashing down. Myrtle had left him alone after he'd shouted at her so there was no one to help. He held back a sob and stared defiantly into the mirror, leaning on the sink. The parallels were too obvious to miss, he knew how this would end – after all he'd already lived this once and nothing had changed since then so he could only expect the same conclusion. Sure, Potter may have vanquished V- the Dark Lord and spoke up at the blonde's trial, but since returning for 8th Year, the usual schedule seemed to have resumed. Potter would push into Draco as they passed each other in the corridors, he saw the oh-so-mighty trio whispering to each other whilst sneaking glances at him, and evidently, Potter still couldn't give up his stalking habit. He didn't know whether to feel irritated or just baffled that the Golden Boy still thought he could possibly be up to something. Draco was beyond exhausted, he had kept his head down and his mouth shut, he kept to himself and focused purely on school. He ignored taunts, and most of all he avoided Harry Potter at all costs. Yet, here Potter was, and by the looks of him, he was gearing up for a full attack.

"Malfoy."
Draco tensed at the forceful tone but recovered quickly and continued staring ahead into the mirror, resigned to his apparent fate. Severus wasn't here, he wouldn't survive another Sectumsempra.
"Malfoy, look at me?" Potter seemed to lose some of his nerve as the intended statement edged into questioning and unsure, but he quickly recovered when he realised Malfoy wasn't obeying.
"Stop being childish, can you at least acknowledge I'm here?" There was an edge to Potter's tone, and he shifted his weight impatiently.
Potter started to make his way closer, and their eyes caught in the reflection of the mirror for a moment before Malfoy dropped his head to stare into the basin. Draco heard what he could only describe as a growl but couldn't decipher it before he was grabbed and flipped to face the other boy. His lower spine was pushed painfully against the rim of the sink as rough hands held a brutal grip on his hips, holding him in place.
Grey eyes darted around trying to find a settlement on anything other than Potter, there was a mutter of 'so fucking stubborn' before a hand vacated his waist and grabbed him by the chin so he had no choice but to stare into the green before him. The green of nature, of forests and woods, Draco pulled his thoughts away and told himself he preferred a true emerald, not an earthy green. He took in the burgundy of Potter's sweater, his slightly shapeless jeans and scuffed-up trainers, livid that the boy took so little effort to look good.

"You're ignoring me, why?" Draco's eyebrows raised at that, he was quite confused as to why Potter hadn't taken his chance and attacked him. The blonde couldn't use his wand for hexes without risking Azkaban so he was essentially free target practice.