CHAPTER 40

Chapter 40: A old foe

"Nami!" Wonwoo walks to her as he pulls her into a hug, not forget to whisper an 'I love you' to her.

"Do you still remember Jang Hye mi? Isn't she the one who had helped you with your project in 11th grade?" Wonwoo smiles, "It's still fun to talk about the past."

Right, isn't it a nice day to talk about the past, huh? Even after years of trying to shake those horrible thoughts, they never really left, do they?

"Right, I don't remember," Nami said. As she was about to walk away, a hand suddenly grabbed her hand, and she jerked back.

"Seo Nami, I'm glad we met. I hope we get along with each other," Nami looked at her, and she froze. But before Nami could say anything, a hand had taken hers.

She stumbles and looks at Joshua standing in front of her.

"It's nice to meet you, Jang Yemi, isn't it?"

Hyemi, who was stunned, could only smile at him as she held her hands out, "It's Hyemi, but I guess Yemi works for you. Nice to meet you."

Joshua looks at her hands before smiling, "Likewise, but we need to go." Joshua then took Nami's hand before another had stopped them.

"Hyung..." Joshua sees Wonwoo grabbing his hands, but Joshua glares at his younger brother.

"You have company won; I'm taking Nami away."

Nami, looking at her boyfriend, could only see him standing beside the girl who had ruined her before. She would always think that if Jang Hyemi wanted everything from her life, she could, but Wonwoo was different. So, seeing him beside her right now, it felt like a defeat.

-

"Are you ready to talk now?" Joshua asked, seeing Nami, who was playing with her fingers. Joshua had always thought Nami was brave, reckless, and of course, nothing could stop her. So, seeing her so timid and quiet like this was a whole different person.

"What's there to talk about? You have a new make-up artist," Nami said.