CHAPTER 50

Chapter 50: What the heart wanted for you

"Nami! You did a great job today! We'll see you next week?" Nami nods and gives them a thumbs-up before packing all her stuff.

"O course! I'm not going to miss my chance to meet Beyonce! It might be once in a lifetime," Chuckles resonate through the room as Nami finishes packing up. Walking outside the streets of New York really is something you can't miss.

It felt like home, and Nami was living for it. She had called her assistant to get her stuff in the studio since Nami was going for a walk. Jiwon had been in Milan since she had been asked to help another group. If it's not mistaken, it's Jaehyun from NCT?

So, Nami had a temporary assistant to help. Lily was her name, and she was three years younger than Nami. Lily insisted that she take Nami's stuff and drop it off at the apartment so Nami has her own day off. She's been working like crazy for a month.

Walking the bustling city streets was a dream come true for Nami. As she quietly enjoyed the bust street, she couldn't help to feel a sudden emotion. Who wouldn't? Now, since her mind was blank and no work could come up inside her head, a sudden attack of the past was tumbling inside her mind.

How could someone forget what had happened around a month ago? Leaving Korea again, breaking up with someone and then pretending everything is okay? That seems impossible.

That's right, Nami haven't contacted anyone from Korea. After what happened, she took a chance and dipped. She went to her parent's house to explain her impromptu trip to New York the next day and left.

Her body and soul might be in New York, but she knew her heart belonged to someone, and she was not ready to ask for it back.

"You seem so confused. Do you love him, Nami?" Joshua asked. Nami was not answering, so Joshua took something from his pocket.

He opens the tiny velvet box before handing it to Nami.

"Seo Nami, are you willing to run away with me? Be mine, and I promise to give you the world. I promise you I will do anything to make you happy. Even up here now, I'm here beside you."