CHAPTER 52

Chapter 52: Better Days

       "Crying?" Nami couldn't help to laugh, "Even after he said all those things? Seungcheol, I'm the dumb bitch here who came back to him because I left, and you're telling me that he cried that day?"

"He loves you more than you do!" Seungcheol stood up, "You're unbelievably dense, and you knew he would say those words without thinking it would hurt him! He could only think of you at that time. If the world knows you are his girl, the least problem in his head is his career, but you!"

"I couldn't believe my brother fell in love with someone who couldn't even think for a second about the sacrifice he was making. He's willing to risk it that day. To run back to you, but he couldn't walk because you took part of him with you the day you took leave!"

Seungcheol's ragged breath was the only thing defying the silence, "You took half of what he is, and he's trying to cope with what he has left. Do you think you are the only being in this world with a heart? He doesn't deserve to be hurt again. He's doing alright with what you have left him with."

Seungcheol stood up from his place before exiting the studio. Jihoon looks at the door before smiling sadly at Nami.

"I'm sorry, I think it's going to be harder to just talk it out with him, Nami," Jihoon apologize, "Sometimes friends are more protective over you than your own family."

"No, it's fine. I can't expect everyone to like me, Jihoon, I've made a mistake, and it was my fault to leave without him explaining, but I was hurt."

"Seungcheol doesn't know that."

"He didn't bother to."

-

It's been 45 minutes since Jihoon told Nami to stay in the studio. After Seungcheol had left, Jihoon instructed Nami to stay put and that he would find Wonwoo. Nami didn't like the idea, but Jihoon insisted.

But waiting for that long made Nami anxious, and she needed to get out. Walking towards the building's cafeteria, she wanted a drink to calm her down. That is, until a familiar figure sat down a few meters away from where Nami was standing.

It was Wonwoo.

Nami was about to walk to where Wonwoo was sitting down when someone else beat her to it. Jang Hyemi sat beside him, talking to Wonwoo, who gladly let her sit beside his chair. Nami halted in an instant. They were talking about something before Hyemi took a chance and hugged Wonwoo, who gladly hugged her back.