CHAPTER 49

Chapter 49: Heartbreak is not flashy

The boys had brought her inside the practice room. Wonwoo had seen how his girl took her steps, not letting out a single peep as her friends looked at her worriedly. Jihoon and the others were helping her. That is until she pushed her way to Wonwoo.

Wonwoo wanted to walk to her, hug the shit out of her, but he couldn't.

He needs to stay like he doesn't care when he does, more than anything in the world.

"Say it my face, Jeon Wonwoo, like you meant every single word you say in front of me." Nami said, "Say it in front of me. I dare you."

Wonwoo's heart was beating quickly, but everyone was looking, so he took a deep breath, "I don't love you, Seo Nami. I used you for fame and –"A slap landed in his face.

He deserves that.

"I can't believe you've given up. I trusted you to do something, but you followed them," Nami said as she took a step closer, "I trusted you because I thought we could do this together, Wonwoo. I'm ready to give up everything for you, but you wanted many things you can't have simultaneously."

"You even followed them. How much threat did they do for you to worry about me losing my job?" Nami asked Wonwoo, who was surprised by the words. She knew I was threatened by her job. He thought she knew if I held on, she would be kicked out of the industries.

His surprised face was enough of an answer for Nami. "So, this your plan, huh?" Nami asked, "It's okay, I understand."

Nami then took something out of her pocket. She held out a piece of paper full of written words; it looked like an official document. She held out the document, and Wonwoo gently took it.

"Your company went to my house a few days ago, threatening me to stay away from you because they think I was bad for the group's image. They would give me the money and power to my job if I part ways with you," Nami started, "But I didn't sign it no matter what because I held onto you, no money or fame can be replaced with you. Because it's you who I choose."

Nami chuckles, "But apparently, the person I held on to sold me." She looks at him, "Our story ends here. There were not supposed to be a Wonwoo and Nami because you are right, I'm not your miss right."