Chapter 4; Project 1

"I know, we started school on a Wednesday which was weird, but tomorrow is the weekend so no school." Rogers smiled.

"But we do have a project to start today, so everyone pay attention."

"This is going to be graded, yes, but it's also a way for me to see how you progressed through the semester."

"You have to draw two objects of the same category."

"So, you can't draw a motorcycle and a fish." He reasoned as the class nodded in understanding.

"They can be foods, sports equipment, vehicles, animals, or anything else you can think of that is of the same category."

"With these two objects, you have to show a great difference in size."

"One could be closer while the other could be further away to show how one is big and small in the drawing."

"Or it could be a large boat nowadays and a little buoy on the side." He shrugged.

"Whatever you want to make it, just as long as one is bigger than the other. And make it obvious, the size difference." He informed.

"Lastly, you are going to pick two primary colors.; Yellow, red, or blue; pick two of those colors." He clarified.

"Make each of them one color, then color in the shadows with a lighter version of the color."

He took out some markers, then started to draw on the whiteboard.

"Let's say I picked a bike and a boat."

"I can make the bike red and the boat yellow." He explained as he drew each object then colored them in lightly with their designated color.

"Their shadow's, I would make a darker version of it. So, a darker red and a darker yellow." He explained as he pressed down on the marker and showed the class.

"Also, make sure the shadows overlap with one another because you need to demonstrate what they make after you mix them."

He colored in the shadows then grabbed a green marker and shaded in the part of the shadows that overlapped.

"That's what I want you to do." He hummed and showed it to the class.

Tony stared at the board blankly, then turned to the blonde and cocked a brow, "you're joking, right?" He scoffed.

"Does it look like I am?" Rogers deadpanned as he gave him a look.

"I don't know. You could just be really good at bluffing." Tony shrugged and the class snickered.

"Well, I'm not." Rogers deadpanned.

"I can tell." Tony scoffed as he took out his pencils.

"Anyway," Rogers carried on as he eyed the brunette carefully, "this is going to be due by the beginning of October, the end of the first week in October, to be exact."

"Seriously!" Tony groaned.

"I am giving you a great deal of time to work on it, so what's the problem now?" Rogers sighed.

"The problem is that I don't want to do it."

"Well too bad."

"No. Not doing it."

"Fine, then you fail for all I care," Rogers shrugged, "then you'll have to take this class again, you get me again, and we're back in the same vicious cycle about this project."

"I'll just take another teacher."

"Alright, and with that, you have even more projects to do, plus a midterm and final, and the requirements of having to go to at least three different art showings throughout the semester."