Chapter 43; Sarah Rogers

"Okay, I am... so much better now." Steve panted and flopped back in bed with a dazed hum.

Tony laughed, then nestled into the man and kissed his arm softly, "good night, Stevie." He mumbled through a yawn.

"Good night, hummingbird."

Steve kissed his head softly and moved around to hold the teen, "I love you, Tony Stark."

_________________________________

"She's goin' to love you, hummingbird. I never would have agreed to let you come down if I didn't think otherwise." Steve assured.

"Do I need make-up? Oh God, I need something, but I don't know what." Tony panicked.

"I promise, she's fine. She will love you and yes, she will ask you questions but you are goin' to do great, love."

"Stevie, I'm not cut out to meet parents."

"I can barely even handle seeing my parents." Tony reasoned and the man scoffed.

"She lives a couple blocks from here, love. All I am doin' is seein' my mom, givin' her some gifts from the others, introducin' you, then grabbin' some clothes from the house. We're leavin' right after that, love. I promise."

"It will be fine. She is going to love you."

Steve kissed his forehead softly, then gently held his sides and looked at him lovingly, "I love you, hummingbird. She is going to love you."

"She isn't going to love me if she ever finds out what we did last night." Tony scoffed and the man laughed.

"Yeah, well, keep that to yourself."

Tony kissed him, then relaxed and hugged him, "if she doesn't like me... I'm gonna punch you."

Steve scoffed, then kissed his head softly and moved away to look at him, "doesn't matter because I know she's going to like you."

"Now, come on. I need to get some stuff."

"What clothes? You have clothes at your place." Tony pondered and grabbed his bag.

"I know, but it's about to be summer. I don't wanna be wearin' winter coats." Steve scoffed and the teen snorted.

"Come on, Stevie. Let's go."

*********************************************

"How do you think Bucky is going to get along with his date?" Tony nudged.

"I think he likes him. They're cute together." He smiled and played with his necklace.

"That relationship is going to last. I can tell." 

"Bucky isn't one for relationships. After Maddie, something sorta broke in him." Steve pondered.

"She left and she... she took a part of him."

"Before... he loved love. He loved relationships. He loved everything."

"He was always happy with her. He was completely in love with her."

"He took her out. He got her expensive gifts and brought her on romantic dates."

"Even before her, he was always charming women and men with flowers and gifts." He shrugged.

"He loved spoiling people."

"But when they broke up and she left... she took that part of him, that side of him that loved."

"Before, he hated men that would sleep around and remain unfaithful."

"But now... ever since Maddie left... he... he's become more like those men."