𝟙 - 𝔸 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

★=========✾=========★

Beams of sunlight streamed upon my delicate features as my hefty (e/c) eyes slowly opened. I gently emerged from my futon, the frost of the morning piercing at my scarred flesh. As I took a minute to become acquainted with my brightly-lit surroundings, I gently put a strand of hair behind my right ear and paused in confusion, my mind halting in familiarity as my other hand traced around my neck.

Warm rays of the sun slipped through the gap within the curtains and shed its calm light in the modest room. Dust particles were visible in the sun's beams and floated around the room without a care in the world while the bird's sweet melody was heard from outside my window. Patterns in the shadows of the beams that entered my room indicated there were trees that stood outside the house.

The floors were lined in tatami mats, and shoji panels along with sage-colored hard walls encircled my figure.

One little key lay next to a dimly lit rectangular lantern by my side. A wide drawer made of maple wood stood across from me, complemented by a succulent in a small black pot as well as a white Chrysanthemum in a similar-looking pot sitting on top of the drawer. The flowers' sermonized the cream-colored knitted carpet that sat below a drawer full of garments.

On my right was a spacious window with a caramel curtain that opened just enough to let the sun's bright, pleasant waves into the room.

A shoji door was on my left, featuring Japanese Style picture frames on both sides of the doorway. The frames featured pieces of paper that would have been drawn on by a child of a young age, around ten or eleven.

A storage cabinet crafted of the same maple wood as the drawer was behind me. The cherry blossom engraved designs were etched into the wood of the storage cabinet, which promoted a keyhole in the door. Finally, a tall lamp with a bell-shaped canopy protected the candle, standing in the far corner of the room.

As I slowly stood up, I stumbled slightly. I paused as I leaned against the nearby wall for support. My lungs gave a small ache as I exhale shortly. I grabbed my aching head as the clock upon the wall ticked away when I slowly leaned off the wall and slowly strolled over to the shoji door, trembling slightly.

As I opened the door, I was welcomed by a little home with a living room and kitchen, as well as a door to the bathroom and another obi door to the exterior of the house.

The living room featured bookshelves, a modest couch with warm, fluffy blankets, a large snake plant, a miniature table made of pine wood next to the couch, a small cream-colored fuzzy rug just underneath the table, and a large window that peered out over a small snow-filled garden. The kitchen consisted of cream-colored cabinets, counters, and shelves, along with a stove, icebox, and sink.

My mouth parted as I look around the small one-story house before shaking my head and strolling over to the kitchen before making some food.

The warm aroma of steamed rice entered my senses as I enveloped the scent with open arms while smiling softly. I stirred the pot of soup next to me as the steam created from the rice filled the home with its calming scent and added to the beautiful atmosphere as rays of the warm sun streamed through the clean windows.