𝟜 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕣

★=========✾=========★

Giyu recommended I take Tanjiro to a man named Sakonji Urokodaki before departing, then he planted a bamboo nuzzle on Nezoko's sleeping form and said his farewell. He didn't seem too fond about staying around, possibly because he seemed quite anti-social, but nonetheless, he left after saying a polite farewell and kind words of good luck and hoping the world was on our side, something I was praying for as well.

When Tanjiro awakened, we first returned to his home and buried his family's remains, delivering our prayers, before we descended the mountain and began our long trek and search for the man Tomioka had advised us to meet, Urokodaki, if I'm not mistaken.

Afew hour's previous to our current time, I told Tanjiro to wait in a cave with Nezuko while I searched for something to help us carry Nezuko about in sunlight on our trek down the mountain as Nezuko was now a demon, that added complication to travel along with adding unnecessary enemies to my already long list.

I placed my hands in my pockets and tilted my head at the farmer that stood directly in front of me, a small smile covering my lips. "Excuse me. Would it be okay if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" I inquired of the farmer. I spotted a local farm and chose to hunt for materials for Nezuko's temporary basket after telling Tanjiro to wait in the cave.

"Sure, you're welcome to take it, but that basket's full of holes" the farmer replied warmly, their eyes kind and their smile soft as they gave a polite nod towards my form.

I gave him a polite nod in return, releasing an almost mute sigh. "It'll be fine. Thank you, sir." I retorted as I hauled the basket full of holes, bamboo, and straw, over my shoulder, to the cave where Tanjiro and Nezuko had been left, waving at the kind farmer over my shoulder, only for him to respond with one of his own, also calling out a small call of being safe around the forest when the time turns dark and the trees become enveloped in the nights shadow.

When I returned to the cave, I dropped the items next to a nearby rock and turned to face Tanjiro, who was resting against a cold, damp, and mossy wall. Though, my senses perked when my eyes came into no contact as I searched for the newly-made demon, who was supposed to remain under supervision at all times as long as she was alive.

Nezuko, to me, represented a new start. A start to compensating for my sins and a new beginning for demons in general, in my eyes at least. Over the years, I had done nothing but hunt down these creatures with a bloodthirsty glint. However, when Nezuko became a demon, she became the only one I have ever hesitated over killing, not out of fear, or sadness, but out of good will and regret. Keeping her and the boy safe was my prime objective for the time being, safe from demons, safe from other humans, and safe from the world around them. I would sacrifice my life to protect their innocence.

"Hey, where's Nezuko?" As he sweatdropped, I asked the burgundy-haired boy softly, who then pointed to a small hole in the ground. Nezuko's head popped up out of the dirt as I neared the hole, small remnants of dirt slipping off her form and gently landing on the stone ground beneath her. She tilted her head up at me innocently, her pink eyes reflecting that of innocence and confusion. 'Has she been turned into a mole?' I inquired to myself as she carefully worked her way out of the hole and stood to her feet beside me, her hair flowing behind her.