𝟚𝟝 - 𝕋𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕟 𝕌𝕫𝕦𝕚

============================

My eyes gently opened to meet a white ceiling. My breaths were calm, and my head was clear. The room I lay in was silent, only the muffled chirps of the birds could be heard. 

Rays of the warm sun danced through the windows and onto my form, which lay silently in the white hospital bed. The hardwood floors glistened when the sun stroked them, and the cream-white walls surrounded my bed with awe. The large window, that stood just behind the bed, was slightly open, letting in the fresh air and soft breeze that rustled the curtains and held a gentle hold on my bedsheets. The sun nipped my skin and bandages around my wrists as the soft thud of footsteps walking past my spruce wood door chorused through my room.

I looked down at my weak form as my head was supported against the bedframe with a few pillows. My face held no set emotion, and my eyes were blank as I blinked slowly and tiredly. 

As I took in my surroundings, my mind started to reform memories from when I was last awake. One by one, each memory of the train mission passed by like a blur, until my mind settled on one singular memory that made my eyes widen.

I shakily but hastily ripped the bedsheets away from my form. I slowly stood up out of bed, but stumbled to the ground, creating a thud. My teeth were gritted as I shakily used my elbows to lift myself off the floor, and used the bedframe to help me to my feet. My body shook and my brows were furrowed with worry. 

I moved my hands to the wall and leaned against it for support, shakily guiding myself to the door. My footsteps were heavy and unsteady as I stumbled my way to the door while using the walls as support.

I leaned against the wall as I shakily and slowly twisted the doorknob, before pushing the door forward, so it was opened. 

I guided myself through the door and wrapped my arm around my stomach as I leaned against the wall. I panted and struggled my way through the corridor. 

When I turned the corner, I roughly bumped into a chest, causing both me and the other person to fall back. As the person dropped their plate, I hissed in pain when some of the shattered objects made their way into my skin, making the other person look up at my crumpled form on the ground. 

His eyes widened and his mouth parted. He smiled in joy before realizing I was in pain. “Nee-Chan!” The person exclaimed. 

Zenitsu rushed to my side and helped me stand up, by slinging my arm around his shoulder. “What are you doing out of bed? Aoi-Chan’s going to get mad.” He scolded me as he started walking me back to my room.

“Zenitsu.” He turned his attention back to me with a hum. I looked down. “Where’s Kyojuro?” I questioned weakly, worry was laced in my voice.

His eyes widened and he looked down sadly, making my mouth part. “You just woke up, didn’t you?” He questioned and I nodded. He said nothing and walked me back through my door, before setting me down on my bed.