ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟠 - 𝕊𝕙𝕖'𝕤 𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕖

★=========✾=========★

"So...this is how it is, huh?"

Sanemi practically coughed out, his hand wrapping itself around his stomach while the same surge of agony ran through his entire form.

He wanted to sit down. He wanted some sort of rest to recover, even if it were just for a minute. But...he couldn't. He couldn't let his friend suffer any more. No matter how hard he tried, he made a promise.

A promise he wouldn't break.

He told her he'd be the one to kill her if she ever turned into a demon, but his job was a little different. I'm sure she wouldn't mind, right?

Mitsuri nodded, clutching her hand to her chest. A determined shape on her wondrous and innocent looking features. "It appears so.." She hummed out, never once looking away from the demon, who only grinned wider.

"Is this it?" She inquired, tilting her head, almost tauntingly. "Just stand there, staring at me? Is that really your plan?" She chuckled once more, the arrows that floated around her creating a gravity of their own. One of danger, but slight grace as they danced around her form. Not fast enough to cause danger, but not too slow that the hashira would forget their place in all this.

"Forget it." Iguro spoke up, adjusting the grip around his blade. "The quicker we get on with this, the quicker we save lives." Sanemi only spared him a small glance as Shinobu pursed her lips. "Let's not forget the reports the kasugi crows left us..villages purged to destruction, corpses left unidentifiable.."

Everyone knew what needed to be done, and everyone knew the dangers of the demon in front of them, even the three boys. They would do anything to stop its horrid reign over people's lives, especially her own.

Her beady eyes narrowed. It was as though something was holding her back from attacking them and killing each and every one of them. She couldn't describe it. It was painful, but it was also easing, as though a piece of her finally fell into pace.

It was as though she was filled and empty at the same time.

She could feel each and every person hiding within the trees, she could practically see them all. All inexperienced slayers, some even just medics, but one that stood out the most to her was one filled with remembrance, but this time, she could actually tell what it was.

Somewhere in the trees was another demon.

Its presence wasn't threatening, not even in the slightest, but she could practically taste the fear, the pure anxiety raging through their veins.

Surely a demon wouldn't get involved in this matter, right?

It was only now did she feel the need to begin this. She was still starving. She was still ravenous to the point she could devour herself and still be unsatisfied. Even though there was a force holding her back, it was no match for her overwhelming greed. "Well then..." she began, her lips twisting into a morbid smirk. "Let's not keep the gods waiting, shall we?"