3̶̬̤͚͎̜͓̙͖̝͆̀͑̏́̚̚1̸̢̫͎̳͕̻̝̼͖͍̻̟̈́̇̅̕͠ͅͅ.̷̞͎̬̈́͌͒5̸̢͚̫̮͖͇̼͖͇̹̯̝̕

============================

"Well, this is where I leave you."

The leaves on the trees rustled with the wind as the ferns and blooms of the forest danced together in harmony with the bird's melody that echoed through the dense thickets of the deep green forest. The sun rose slowly over the horizon, making the dark blacks and blues of the night slowly fade into the bright oranges and yellows of the day, waking up the wildlife. Our forms looked like silhouettes as the sun rose into the deep sky of multiple colors that could be compared to a canvas used by a master craftsman, or a professional artist that would paint the scene with glee. The rays of the sun shone through the gaps in the trees, creating a heavenly glow and they blasted through the leaves, making the shadows of the trees land over our forms and onto the blooms and fields of the woodland as the moon lowered itself over the silhouetted mountains that lay in the distance.

I grabbed the strap of the bag that was over my shoulder, before flinging it around my arm so I held the strap in my palm. I raised my arm and held the bag out to Sanemi, who was standing in front of me, his palm resting on his katana protectively, just in case any other demons were to jump out of the forest.

Ever since the first wave of demons, more had kept coming at us throughout the night, meaning we were both exhausted. Afew lower moons had even attacked us, though they were easily dealt with by the both of us as we trekked through the forest throughout the entire night.

Both our faces were dirty and Sanemi had a few beads of sweat rolling down the side of his face, our mixed breaths were heavy and our muscles hurt like hell after the extreme night of killing and fighting demons. We had a few scratches here and there, but thankfully nothing major, leaving small cuts and bruises to litter our bodies.

Sanemi nodded before taking the bag strap from my palm, and slinging it over his shoulder as his palm never left the hilt of his katana. "So where do I go now?" He asked as he turned his gaze to me.

I pointed to a small wooden waypoint that was dug into the ground. A small red arrow, that faced north, was drawn on the Ridgid wood and Sanemi nodded. "Just follow the arrow and you'll reach a path. It'll lead you straight back to my old estate." I smiled slightly. "I'm sure you can find your way back from there." I finished as I folded my arms and leaned back on a tree with a sigh.

He nodded and turned his gaze to look at the arrow, avoiding my eyes. "Right."

A tense silence enveloped us, making me shuffle uncomfortably against the tree, and causing Sanemi to turn his gaze to the floor. The morning melody of the birds echoed through the woodland and caused slight relief to flood through my veins, making me exhale.

I leaned off the tree and gave Sanemi a small nod. "I'll see you around then." I inhaled deeply before turning around to walk away. My footsteps crunched from the leaves beneath my feet, and Sanemi sighed in defeat as I walked further away.

Suddenly, he crashed into me from behind, making me stumble slightly, but before I could fully fall, he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me against his chest. He dug his head into the crook of my neck and sighed lightly. "...Don't let it get to your head but...Thanks'' He quietly and hesitantly spoke gruffly as he gave me a small squeeze.

My mouth parted before I sighed and smiled. "If you need any help, my door's always open...But if it isn't you can use the window." I chuckled at my own statement as I felt him nod against my shoulder.

"I might take you up on that offer the next time I get injured." He spoke before he released me with a huff. I turned to look at him as he nodded. "See ya'" He finished before turning around and walking in the direction the arrow pointed, leaving me to watch as his form disappeared into the thickets.

I sighed heavily before turning back around and walking through the forest with a small smile decorating my features. The rays of sun and the beautiful hues that the blooms brought to life reflected in my deep (e/c) eyes as my (h/l) (h/c) hair swayed through the chilled morning breeze that was delicate against my scarred flesh, too afraid it would scrape the skin and create another mark.

I walked through the shadows created through the trees, but exited the shadows and entered onto the light of the sun that shone through the trees, I then walked through another shadow created by the trees, then entered the light once again as the leaves rustled. This process repeated on a constant loop as I walked through the thickets and woodland that welcomed my form with kindness. Every time I walked through the shadow, the light in my eyes would dim, but every time I walked through the bright beams of the sun, the light in my eyes would brighten like the stars in the night sky.

The hilt of my katana glistened in the sun and its light reflected onto the trees in the area as a flock of crows flew over my form, over the trees. One of the crows I recognized as Tengens, by the small headband that was decorated by small and shiny jewels that were tied on the crow's head, made me narrow my eyes and furrow my brows.

As I walked deeper into the forest, the sun rose higher and higher into the sky, casting fewer shadows into the forest and allowing my form to be mostly surrounded by the light from the day's bright and warm rays.

I inhaled the fresh air before I gave a satisfied smile as the rays of sun turned warm and touched my skin with grace as I walked. The distant movement and crashing of water flooded my ears, mixed with the calm melody the birds sang to one another through the trees made my smile widen as a sense of Euphoria sang through my veins with the birds. I felt the long blades of grass brush against my ankles as the blooming colorful hues of flowers filled the area with beauty, one comparable to an orian.

I felt no demons in the area, providing me with a sense of safety as my mood became one of joy and pleasure. It felt like my soul had finally calmed and for once, the voices in my mind halted, providing silence with the opportunity to find its way into my head, making my smile widen.

I closed my eyes in the serene atmosphere. At first, I was met with a calm ebony black that hugged my form with warm open arms, but soon, the jade black dissipated into a pure bright white, and in the center of my vision, Kanae's beautiful purple eyes stared at me with her bright and cherished grin that made my breathing pause for a moment.

She spoke no words, but she didn't need to. I only need to see her form to be overwhelmed with joy and happiness as she tilted her head at me before closing her eyes, and giving me a close-eyed smile, that made memories flood through my mind.

I reopened my eyes and sighed in satisfaction before I continued to walk through the forest and towards my home.

1296 Words :)

Please go check out my other stories if you enjoyed this one!! <3333