3̵̢̧͓͈͖̰̞̤̬̾̐͑̾̋̐̓͌̈̓̓̕͘͜͜͝0̶̛͚̯̗͖̭̙̃͋̒̃̽͊͠.̸̡̨̦̜̆̐̐̅̀̾̄̓͌́͐̄͂̃̚5̸̼̖̔̈́͗͐͆͌͂̐̂͊̀͝

============================

"How long's left until I get back?"

Sanemi questioned me as we walked side by side in the dark and dense forest in the snowy mountains.

It was so dark, we could hardly see our hands in front of our own faces as we strolled through the thickets, leading Sanemi to have a small lamp in his hands to help illuminate the way back to his estate.

It had been a week since I took Sanemi in before taking care of his wound, and we figured it was probably best if he returned home. I was there to escort him back to his estate due to his kasugai crow being missing since I found the male in the forest, though I would only take him a certain distance so I would avoid attracting unwanted attention from either demons or people.

A small bag was thrown over my shoulder that was filled with food, medical supplies, and Sanemi's belongings. He couldn't carry it himself, due to the fact he carried the lantern.

Earlier, we decided that we would both keep one hand free at all times, just in case we ran into a demon or any sort of enemy that may attack us at any point in time.

I readjusted the bag over my shoulders as our footsteps crunched under the leaves. "Not long. I'd say about two hours or so." I responded to his question as I gave him a side glance.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Two hours...Damn..." He huffed out in annoyance.

I nodded. "Yeah, but unfortunately, I'll have to leave you in about an hour to avoid anyone, as we spoke about earlier." I reminded the man, making him nod.

We both kept our gazes forward as the light of the lantern only surrounded our forms in the dense ebony black. "So, what am I supposed to do when you leave me?" He questioned, turning his head at me.

I turned my head to look back at him and smiled lightly. "Luckily for you, I'm taking you on the quickest route which at some point, only requires you to walk in a straight line to get to your estate." I responded, making him purse his lips.

He turned back in front of him. "And I'm guessing at that point, you'll turn back?" He inquired, making me nod.

"Exactly." I replied simply, my voice echoing through the dense forest.

It was a calm silence that enveloped us, neither of us wanted to break the quiet, but neither of us wanted to keep quiet.

Sanemi was stuck in his own thoughts until a realization hit, making him smirk and turn back to me, making me raise a brow. "What's with that look?" I questioned skeptically.