Chapter 6: Genevieve

Waking up to music blaring from a speaker and 3 girls laughing is not the best way to wake up from a sleep you needed 40 more minutes of.

I groan and grab the pillow next to me and throw it towards the noises without opening my eyes to the harsh sunlight peeking through the big window right above my bed.

"Hey!" My obnoxious friends say in unison while laughing and throwing 5 other pillows at me.

I reluctantly open my eyes and shoot myself toward them laying down on top of all three of them and going limp so they can't push me off.

"Get ready, Naomi and Scar wanted to go to the cafe for brunch," Vic says shoving me in the shoulder to push me off.

"Pick out my outfit for me?" I ask not wanting to get up and looking at my friends noticing they're all dressed and ready to go already.

"Already did hurry up," Naomi says finally succeeding in pushing me to a standing position. She moves me towards the closet shoving an outfit at me and I change as fast as I can, running out of my closet to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

Once I'm done I strut in the room doing a little pose and plop down on the floor beside my bed that my friends are currently sprawled on top of.

"Are we gonna talk about last night?" S directs the question towards me and V and I look up to see her tomatoed face slowly being hidden by the phone she's putting in front of her face so she doesn't have to look at anybody.

"I think we should talk about Vic and Trevor..." I say wiggling my eyebrows, "And how we found them yesterday..." I continue giggling.

"Yeah... I agree, so V? Anything to add?" Scar laughs as she gets up from her spot and grabs my hands to pull me up. We all get up to grab our things and leave the room while Victoria chuckles and opens the front door for us.

"Okay, so whatever. We made out a little bit..." She says while hopping in her truck and waiting for us to get in and buckle up.

"That was more than a little bit, you guys were basically dry humping-" Naomi chokes out between laughter.

"Yes, yes I am aware, it's whatever. Potentially a one-time thing... potentially not I don't know," she says shrugging her shoulders trying to play it off, "What we should talk about is Otis and G..." she says trying to throw me under the bus.

"There is nothing to say. We talked." I say with finality, before looking at my friends that looked at me like I was dumb, "Okay, we flirted I guess..."

They laugh and Vic parks her truck in front of the cafe, so we can jump out and enter the small building.

When we approach the counter and order I get a cold brew with caramel drizzle, a blueberry muffin, and fruit. We pay and grab a table by the window looking out towards the street and keep talking about the party last night.

***

"I can't believe Zack jumped over the fire last night like I know I dared him but who would actually go through with it?" Scarlett says as she recounts her own escapades at the party.

"Well, men are stupid, they'll do anything as long as they're triple dog dared to do it."

We'd been her for a while talking and my thoughts keep drifting back to Otis, I can't help it. Poor mind readers are just gettin a head full of pictures of him smiling down at me. Honestly, if I keep thinking about him, I should just accept the fact that I like him. It's fine if I do, people like other people all the time...

We eventually finish out food and V drops me, Naomi, and Scar off at my house so they can get their stuff and get to their work on time. I'm left alone in my house and decide the best thing I could do is go to the library for some books.