Chapter 20: Genevieve

It's been two weeks since Otis and I have had a full conversation.

I don't know what I did.

No.

It's not my fault. He's the one who iced me out. He's the one who messed up whatever this could be; I don't know why, but this isn't my fault and I can't beat myself up for it.

I can't.

I miss him. I barely know him, but I miss him.

We've only been friends for a little while, but I think I got too attached.

I know I have to move on though because it's been two weeks. It's almost my birthday. A couple of days until then... My parents want to hold a dinner party for me. I, of course, go along with it and plan with my mom even though it doesn't really sound like something I wanna do or spend my birthday doing.

On the bright side though, I bought a really pretty dress for it. The party isn't gonna be really fancy, it's just gonna be my parents and their city and work friends that are coming over with their kids, and she said I could invite some of my friends, approved by her, of course.

I picked out my dress without my mother to approve it so who knows if she'll like it, but it's a bright blue baby doll dress that stops an inch above my knee and I'm wearing some shoes I think go pretty well with it, and I'm thinking of curling my hair.

One thing I've learned about myself is that I suck at curling my hair like I am truly terrible at it. I'll probably ask Scarlett, Vic, or Naomi to do it when they come to my house to get ready.

When I asked my mother about them coming, she was very hesitant, but I practically begged her to let them come and I really wanted to ask if the boys could come, but I'm trying to decide if it'd be worth it.

She'll probably say no, she might think one of them is my boyfriend or something and go ballistic. I could ask my dad, he'd be more open-minded about it, but I still don't think he'd be a fan of the idea. The best options I've thought of so far, are either, tell them they're coming right before the party starts, or not tell them at all and wait to see if they notice.

I'm going with the latter.

Scar did say it's better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, so if I am caught, I have that in mind.

It's a regular Tuesday in October today, meaning my birthday is in about two days. My birthday's on a Thursday, and it's right after school, so we have a time crunch to get ready. It also means I have to tell the guys about my birthday, and the fact that the party I want them to go to, is 'dressy'...

I feel the weight of my phone face down on my stomach as I lay in bed. As weird as it sounds, I feel really anxious about asking the guys to come; I am still debating on whether or not I'm going to ask Otis.

Today, at school he didn't utter a single word to me, which was worse than usual because in the least 2 weeks he said only a couple of words a day to me, but now it's down to 1. Tops.

When he dropped me off, I went straight to my room, flopped onto my bed, and haven't moved an inch since then. Thinking and planning...

I'll text the group chat then.

From Me to THE BRO'S (⌐■_)

Okayyyyy so my birthday is on Friday and I had a question for you guys..

From Alec to THE BRO'S (⌐■_)

Bro WHAT