Chapter 14: Otis

When I woke up truth be told I thought a certain nervous blonde would be in my arms, but when I opened my eyes all I got was a cold room with a dim glow pouring through curtain covered windows.

I shrugged it off and got up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I follow the sound of singing and the smell of something good being cooked. My feet take me to the kitchen, and once I get to the doorway I freeze to lean on the frame and relish in the sight in front of me for a few more minutes before I have to ruin it.

There. Prancing around in the kitchen humming whatever song is playing in her head, is Genevieve.

I think whatever song she's singing is my new favorite. I could listen to her voice 24/7.

I still don't know where the others are but right now I don't care.

I make a soft coughing sound so I don't scare her, but it doesn't work and she ends up nearly jumping out of her socks.

"OH, jeez. You scared me!" She grabbed her chest with wide eyes and laughed as I gave her a lopsided grin.

"Sorry Speedy, didn't mean too, watcha makin?"

I walk into the kitchen to look over her shoulder at the stove with the big pan on it.

"Eggs, bacon, and toast, I thought everyone would want some breakfast..."

"Where is everyone by the way?"

"Oh, they fell asleep an hour ago, I wasn't tired, so I decided to make some food for everyone before they woke up."

"Can I help?"

"Sure, I'm waiting for the toast to be done, and once it is you can pop 4 more slices into the toaster and butter them..."

"On it," I give her a wink and go to the fridge to grab the butter.

We busied ourselves on the breakfast and it was ready in no time.

"I'm gonna go get everyone up, you can just start eating now," I nod and grab a plate to fill it up with everything we made.

I hear pounding down the stairs and brace myself as Zack and Alec come sprinting into the kitchen elbowing each other trying to get to the food first. No doubt scaring the shit out of G when she woke them up with the mention of food.

A couple minutes later, everyone else joined us at a much slower pace thank god, and we all sat around the table laughing and eating our breakfast.

In the midst of our conversations G gets up and starts grabbing everyone's empty plates, stacking them and walking them over to the sink and starts washing them.

The conversation never ceased as they all handed G their dishes and I watched her taking them with a smile and washing them one by one.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh and walked over to her grabbing the dirty plate out of her hands and setting it at the bottom of the sink, despite her refusal with a big frown on her face

"Stop. What are y-" I cut her off, bending down and throwing her over my shoulder.

She starts hitting me in the back to set her down and I only hold on tighter. "Do your own dishes, assholes."

I hear Trevor laugh as I walk out of the kitchen with G and throw her on the couch flopping down next to her and pulling a blanket over both of our laps.

"What movie?" I question looking over at her.

"Umm," she looks wide eyed at me and then at the screen before snapping back to present and taking the remote from my hand.