Chapter 36: Genevieve

Kissing Otis Grey is the best thing ever.

Oh god I need to stop thinking like this.

I don't know what his kisses are laced with, but it's gotta be like... crack or something... I don't know.

"We should kiss forever I think." I break of the kiss and look up at him, speaking before I could actually think about the words coming out of my mouth.

Gosh, my brain's gotta get a better reaction time...

"Oh, we should. Definitely." He responds nodding his head insistently with a growing toothy smile making his dimples pop even more while his eyes close contentedly.

He nods his head and his eyes stay locked on my lips, ready to dive back in, barely acknowledging the absurdity of what I just said. Jeez he's not even teasing me; he's pretty far gone I guess.

"Okay, weirdo but I can't, we gotta get going. My curfew is in like," I grab my phone from the jacket Otis had slung over my shoulders a while ago and read the time out loud: "10:23!"

"Oh no! We gotta go! Mom's gonna be peeved!"

"Only you, Genevieve Beck, would use the word peeved." He smirks and tugs on the lapels of the jacket to try and connect our lips again.

"What? Oh, whatever, c'mon!" I exclaim pulling away to grab his hand forcefully and drag him across the fair grounds and parking lot towards his car.

"Do you like these?" I ask suddenly, holding the last package of fruit snacks left after we both get in, buckle, and start the car.

"No, I don't like fruit snacks."

"Really? Why'd you get them?" I asked as I tore open the packet and picking them all out one by one to eat them.

I want the red ones first.

"Because... I know you like them," I look over at his face but it's on the road, unflinching and my heart bursts.

I really, really like this man.

"So, how far away are we right now?" I ask still chewing on the fruit snacks he gave me while shifting and crossing and uncrossing my legs in my seat anxiously.

I see him tap his phone before the map comes up and he says, "16 minutes."

"She is so gonna totally kill me... And you."

"Let's just... hope for the best, I think I won her over. Maybe she'll be chill," he rests his hand on my thigh and caresses the skin up and down in reassuring motions making me shiver.

I have an idea...

No I don't, I can't do that.

Yes, I can. I have a boyfriend, he really likes me... why not?

It'd be fun?

It would be excited?

I would get in a lot of trouble for it though...

I need to live.

"...Do you wanna do something fun?" I ask Otis as I tuck one of my legs under my butt and grab two of the fingers grasping my other leg.

YES, Genevieve, be sporadic!

"We gotta get you home, Speedy... as much as I wanna say yes, your mom will literally murder me if I don't get you home in the next 11 minutes."

"You'll get me home... I'm gonna sneak you inside."

***

"Okay pull up, I'll go in and you park your car down by the dead end with the willow tree, and in like... 15 minutes come to my window."