Chapter 10: Genevieve

This might be the worst idea, in the history of ideas Scarlett has ever had.

As we walk up towards the front door and knock we start looking around—trying to act casual—and sincerely failing at doing so.

The door opens suddenly and we receive a rush of yelling voices coming from inside the house, with a startled Trevor, who's currently staring at Vic like she's an apparition.

"It's not the pizza guys!" Trevor yells towards where I'm assuming all the guys are, and opens the door wider for us to come inside.

"Hey, Vic, what's up?"

Trevor looks at Vic like she's the most perfect thing in the world and I can't help but stare in awe and envy at their chemistry; wondering if I'll ever miraculously find that.

"Well, what's at the door?" I hear a guy yell from inside and Trevor rolls his eyes telling us we can follow him.

I'm not gonna lie to you and say my heart wasn't literally pounding out of my chest about to burst and I really wish I took a shot before I came here, but I didn't know this would be happening, so I have to rely on my dull, sober personality...

Great.

No negative self-talk Genevieve. You're amaaaaazing.

Think about happy things like dinosaurs, I personally love Brachiosauruses. Or is it Brachiosaurusi? I don't know the plural version of Brachiosaurus, but I think they're adorable.

Ooh, okay. Kitty. Pancakes. Twilight; I haven't decided if I like it ironically or not actually. Clair De Lune. Gymnopédie No. 1. Rain. Books. ROMANCE BOOKS.

Oh my gosh their are so many people here right now. You mean guys, Genevieve...

There are a billion guys here.

Pink. Hot showers. Vanilla. Sunrises. Pandas. Kettle Corn. Glitter.

We all walk into the room, and my 3 friends act like this is all completely normal as they sit on the countertop, grabbing snacks that were set out everywhere.

I kinda just stand there leaning against the wall right next to the large arch that we walked through two feet away from the counter Vic is currently sitting cross-legged on with a bag of chips in her lap.

"Hey, Genevieve!"

I turn my head towards Alec who was leaning over the back of the couch almost upside down waving at me before patting the spot next to him.

"Hey! How's it been?" I ask flopping down next to him glancing around the room to see if Otis is there.

Summer. Squismallows. Christmas lights. Christmas.

"Good, but James insists we play poker, but I really wanna play go fish and I can't convince him to play go fish with me." Alec pouts as James turns towards him with a deep-set frown.

"Bro, poker is so much better! We always play go fish!"

"THAT'S A LIE!" He yells pointing his finger at James before turning to me, "You see what I mean, he is SOOO DIFFICULT."

At the last word, he turns towards James again but before James has the chance to defend himself I feel someone jump over the back of the couch and land right next to me making me bounce into the person's side while I grab onto their chest so I don't fall into Alec.

"Hey, Speedy I didn't know you'd be here?"

There's that nickname...

Otis. I got knocked into Otis's chest, and I'm not mad about it.