Chapter 17: Genevieve

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Annnnnnnd there's my alarm. I hate Mondays. So, so, so much.

Yesterday was a blast, just like Saturday and Friday, I wish we didn't have to go back to school, but here I am getting ready at 6:00 so I can go to one of the worst places on earth.

I put on a cute outfit I thought of last night when I couldn't sleep, and put on some makeup before brushing my hair.

I rush downstairs so I can eat my breakfast before Otis gets here to bring me to school.

"Scarlett's gonna pick me up for school from now on! And she offered to give me rides home too, I'll be home late though cause I have library duty every night for a while."

"Make sure you get your homework done after your shift! Study too! Otherwise, I'm fine with it," my mom says as I finish making my bagel and head outside where Otis pulled up in his car.

I opened the door and struggled to get into my seat while holding my bagel but managed to do it without dropping it, miraculously.

"Stop laughing at me and let's get going!"

He stops looking at me and puts his hand on the back of my seat, with that stupid smile on his face, looking out the back window and reversing out of the driveway.

Hot.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't just think that for the sake of my dignity.

On our drive to school it's usually quiet, like our other drives, and we kinda just sit there in peace. We don't really need to say anything, we're comfortable without talking with each other all the time, sure I love talking to him and I think he likes talking to me, but it's not awkward when we just want to sit and enjoy each other's company. That's one of the things I like about Otis, and why I don't mind being with him. My mind doesn't have to be consumed with anxiety as I worry about what we'll talk about next, because I know there's no pressure from him.

When he pulls into the parking lot, I hop out of the car and sling my bag over one shoulder, looping my arm through after I close the car door.

We start our trek across the parking lot and walk inside bumping fists as we go our separate ways to our lockers.

I keep walking down the many hallways until I reach the wing my locker's in and drop my backpack on the floor in front of the annoying locker right in between two very loud people who always seem to be at their locker when I am, with their loud friends. turning the lock on my locker, failing the combination at least 3 times before I finally get it right and open it shoving my bag in there and unzipping it so I can take out my stuff my locker neighbors leave. Thankfully.

"Hey, babe."

Scar approaches my locker leaning dramatically on the one next to mine and slumping over with a sigh.

"This is torture."

"I know right?"

"I just wanna go home," I say in a whiny voice that makes both of us laugh before we start walking towards the cafeteria.

When we get to our usual table, it's filled with the guys and Vic sitting there talking and I'm pleasantly surprised that they decided to sit with us.

"Hey, guys,"

"Hi!"

Me and Scarlett both say our greetings at the same time and slide onto the table to sit while we set our stuff down.