Chapter 25: Genevieve

Potential trigger warning for SA, it's not an in depth situation or scene but I'll put * before it starts to warn you guys...

I forgot to acknowledge, with all the exciting things happening right now, that I have my license!

I can officially drive myself anywhere I want—well, not really.

I actually drove myself to my appointment with Amy and now I'm blasting my playlist with the windows rolled down on this beautiful sunny day on my way to Target. Because no one at Target is sad, and I want to feel... not sad right now.

My best I-love-everything-about-my-life-and-hope-it-never-ends face is on lockdown. There's nothing gettin this baby off if I'm inside Target. Because Target gives me strength.

As I pull in to the parking lot I realize there's nothing I have to get so I might look stupid walking around aimlessly.

I need... what do I need?

Skittles.

A new squishmallow.

A new book.

More clothes.

Mental list... check.

I swagger out of my car and walk a decent distance to the building because I parked really far away so I didn't have to worry about hitting any cars while trying to park. I don't suck at parking per se, but I suck at parking so I try my best to park the furthest away from other cars as possible.

The familiar decor of the store greets me as I walk into the brightly lit center.

I make my way over to the baskets and grab one as I see the clothing section in the distance. I probably spend upwards of 45 minutes looking at clothes and lingerie because I'm 16 now, and I'm going out into the world soon so I need cute bras.

When I leave the section I was in I end up with the cutest sets of bras and underwear. One set is white and lacy with floral stitching on it that is absolutely stunning and the other set is a pink and purple one that borders something an Instagram model would wear to Coachella, so im guessing it's appropriate to buy.

Along with the two sets I also left with a black midi skirt, and a white and pink sundress.

The walk to the candy aisle is short and I grab a pack of Skittles as well as a pouch of Oreo minis to toss into my basket.

The books are really calling my name at that point, so I stop there before my final destination.

It takes me a mere 27 minutes to pick a book from the shelves. Considering the fact that it usually takes me upwards of 45 minutes this is a big deal. It's a new record, it's clearance, and it's on my TBR. Things are really going my way right now, huh?

My final destination is me standing dumbstruck in front of a huge cardboard box of squishmallows on top of each other waiting for me to pick one out.

Sifting through the plethora of stuffed animals isn't exactly easy as a member of the noodle armed community but I make due.

When I get near the bottom, my arms are utterly wrecked as I grab three that caught my eye and set my basket down to examine them all thoroughly to see any defaults before starting my debate.

The third one has a hole where stuffing is currently pouring out and I pout as I drop him back down where I found him.

It's down to two.

It's between a tabby cat that looks like Kitty, or a deep pink and lavender unicorn.

I truly cannot decide. It is a conundrum that will never be solved. I lean back on one leg tapping my chin absentmindedly trying to look like I'm a big CEO making a big company decision.