Chapter 34: Genevieve

I'm going on my first date tonight.

Gosh, it doesn't even feel like—real.

I'm going on an actual, legitimate date with Otis Grey.

A date he asked me out on two days after the whole parent debacle... I'm so freaking excited!

I don't know where he's taking me, but I do know Scar, Naomi, and Vic all approved it and they're helping me get ready as we speak, so I'm fine with a surprise.

Usually I'm not good with surprises. Actually that's an understatement, I really hate surprises. This is, for some unknown reason, the exception.

It's a pretty chilly night, well actually it's not just any night... it's Halloween!

Which makes this date even better because not only am I going to start (officially?) dating Otis Grey, but I am also getting to spend my favorite holiday with my new best friend (boyfriend?).

"Where's that cute purple, flowery, satin dress... like the one with the ties?"

"Um maybe in the back of my closet by the... wait to the left... no down... it's hanging... oh! I see it! It's by the blue overalls!"

I scream my directions over to Vic as she searches for my perfect outfit and I think she found the moneymaker.

Sitting at my vanity in my bra, underwear, and black tights while Naomi curls my hair is such a scene from a movie and I can't help but laugh as Scar gets up from her lazed spot on the bed with her disposable camera and takes a picture of all of us in our pre-date duties.

"Thank you guys for this."

"You really think we would leave you high and dry for this?"

"Yeah, G you helped me get ready for my first date, and that one party I went to when I had to make that same guy jealous for cheating on me two months later."

We all start laughing at the recollection of Scar's black mini skirt/fishnets combo with a red one piece, red horns, and a sword that made her the devil for the costume party.

She didn't embarrass herself at all that night, but Vic, Naomi, and I couldn't stop ourselves from laughing and giving her a 'go get 'em sparky' thumbs up every time we saw her pass us at the party.

Scar later couldn't get over how 'icky' she acted and made us all refer to her as 'slut' for two weeks straight.

I didn't even talk to her those two weeks—I really didn't want to call her a slut.

"Hair's... almost... DONE!" Naomi gives my hair a little bounce when I look in the mirror at the perfect style and smile.

Aw that rhymed. Kinda. I guess?

"Eek! Yay! Thanks Naomi it looks perfect!"

"Shush, shush, dress time!"

I grab the dress Vic starts shoving at my face and pull it over my head before getting her to tie the strings to put a little more flare to my waist and hips.

"You. Look. Gorgeous."

"Really? It's not too much?"

"Not for your first date it's not."

I smile and look in the mirror at my appearance that  I'm actually happy with for the first time in forever, and turn quickly to wrap my arms around all three of my best friends.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too." They all said in unison like it was practiced and they were all holding back an eye roll.