Chapter 31: Genevieve

It's the hand slung over my bare waist.

The breath fanning my hair

The breath on my neck.

The legs my legs are tangled in.

The hard body pressed up against my back practically radiating heat.

And the steady breath coming from behind me.

Wait...

My eyes jolt open as I come to the horrifying realization.

The body...

Someone is behind me. In my bed. Wait, in not my bed.

Holy crap. It's Otis mother ducking Grey. There's no way I'm in—his room? Is this his room?

No. Freaking. Way am I in his room right now, in the morning, in his bed, waking up next to him.

I take a deep calming breath to slow my racing, panicking heart as I feel Otis stretch a little behind me and it feels as if I've stopped breathing completely.

He's closer now.

Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh.

My stomach dips as he tightens his hold on me and pulls me closer to his chest.

I can't believe I'm actually, legitimately, spooning with Otis Grey.

What the heck.

Should I wake him up?

Should I leave?

Is this weird?

I've never experienced anything like this. I don't know what the protocol is. Is it fine if I just... I don't know... stay here? Is it wrong? I just like it so much. I like being with him, being close to him when we're just here. I don't even have to think about the fact that i don't very clearly remember how I got here... that me drinking so much was a bad idea... or that I planned on putting a minimal distance... to make him work for it. To which I have utterly failed.

Oh gosh.

I can barely focus with his hand circling my hip bone, dangerously close to my stomach.

This isn't real. Oh my god.

"Morning, Speedy."

I jolt a bit as I hear Otis whisper in my ear making me shiver a bit before opening my eyes once again and staring at the wall ahead of me. I just really don't want to look back at Otis, he's probably really cute when he first wakes up.

Otis Grey seems like the type of boy who probably wakes up with his hair mussed in that weirdly sexy way only certain boys achieve. It's also probably paired with equally attractive sleepy eyes that somehow make him look hot with only a hint of  tired at the same time.

As much as the sight will annoy me, I know for a fact I'll practically have heart eyes when I see it. I just hope he doesn't notice the complete opposite my sleepy face looks compared to his perfect one.

Why did I drink so much? This pounding headache could have been avoided. The assumed dark eye bags I undoubtedly have, could have been avoided and this situation could have been avoided. What was I thinking?

"Morning?" I don't know if he means to or not but I feel his nose and his forehead make contact with the back of my neck, and it feels like his hold tightens... "Um... Otis?"