Chapter 32: Otis

It was super fucking hard telling G that my dad left my family. I almost didn't. I thought about lying to her, and just telling her he was with my mom... I couldn't though. Some paranormal force kept me from saying anything but the truth.

That's what effect she has on me now.

I think ever since I hurt her with the horrible things I did and said to Genevieve, I've just had this crushing need to earn my place back into her life.

"OTIE, look what I got from the park!"

"That's not even yours, you stole it from me after I found it!"

"Oh, shut up Darcy!" I watch in amusement as I lean over the counter, spatula in hand and watch my two little sisters fight over a stick.

"Otis, how's Genevieve?" My mom whispers, bringing my attention away from the fighting twins and snaps my head back to my thoughts of my Speedy.

She's been in my room for a while... I wonder if she found her... pants.

Those fucking pants. I wish my mom would've gone to her friends house and given me at least 20 more minutes with the sight of Speedy in my shirt and only her underwear.

God, I'm such a perv.

"Oh, she's fine... she's still here, she doesn't have her car here so I was gonna bring her home later, and we were making breakfast when you got home. I think she went to the bathroom—"

"Who are you?" The incredulous question Sophia asked brought my attention towards her, before bringing my gaze up... up... up.

Speedy.

I gave her a lopsided grin and she looked wide eyed between all four of us, seemingly at a loss for words.

"This, Sophia," I grab Sophia by the waist and sit her on my shoulders as she giggles uncontrollably. "Is, Genevieve. She's one of my friends."

"Hi, Gen-e-vieve!" Sophia sounds out G's name slowly with a smile plastered on her face as Darcy waves shyly from beside me.

As my mom steps forward she gives Speedy a tight hug and smiles warmly at her, "Hi honey, I'm Otis's mom, Tess! It's very nice to meet you!"

I can tell G's still nervous by the way she tucks her hair behind her ears and gives a small smile to my mom. "I'm Genevieve, well I guess you already knew that... sorry... it's nice to meet you too! I'm so, so sorry for intruding last night... and this morning... I'll call for a ride home, but thank you so, so much for letting me stay! I really appreciate it!"

My mom laughs a little at G's rambling, myself joining in but we differ when she gives G the courtesy of cutting off what I assume is an utterly torturous situation for Speedy, "you are not intruding, and you aren't getting a ride home from someone. Otis is bringing you home."

My mom looks pointedly at me and I shrug my shoulders lightly making Sophie squeal from the motion. "Make yourself at home, you're welcome anytime Genevieve. With the way Otis talks about you, I'm thankful you came into his life."

Why the hell would she say I talk about her?

But—thankfully—Genevieve just smiles, a big, wide one, that's so her adorned with flaming red cheeks and gives a small 'thank you' back to my mom who nods her head. I slowly grab Sophie and set her down on her two feet and my mom takes both girls hand as she leaves the room with them, the girls continuing to babble on.

My mom has never been that strict on me, I mean she wants me to do my best in everything, stay safe—and I mean safe too, she gave me the talk as early as she was able telling me a different variation of 'anything besides yes is a no', 'treat all women with respect', and 'always wrap it up'.