Chapter 39: Genevieve

Having a boyfriend is amazing. Honestly I don't even care that it's taken me so long to get one, and all the girls that said they aren't all that—were lying.

It's really fun, and you get free stuff all the time...

And you always have someone to hang around and it's a hot guy.

Otis said he had to go back to his house to let his mom know he was staying the night at a friends and grabbing some stuff, so I've been in bed scrolling on Netflix trying to find a movie with no luck actually finding a good one.

Netflix sucks sometimes.

Maybe I should look on Disney+...

I sigh in exhaustion as I continue to scroll through the movies and tv shows listed in the different categories.

Suddenly I'm snapped out of my scrolling haze when a knock sounds at my door, another prevention in my movie endeavors.

"Come in," I say softly as I shuffle my butt up the bed to sit up against the headboard behind me.

"Hey Genevieve..." I watch as my sister leans against the door frame, looking expectantly at me making my brows furrow. "Mom said you've been making trouble recently, and I think I wish I wasn't your sister."

What?

"B-but I haven't been... you know how mom likes to be dramati—"

"Genevieve I don't think you understand the pressure mom and dad are under. The late nights they're both working is putting stress on them–and their relationship." She mumbles the last part and brings my attention fully to what she's actually saying.

"Are you saying—"

"I'm saying, that they have their work cut out for them enough without you ruining their lives any more."

Have I really been ruining their lives?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was causing them trouble. I've just been having fun and—" I'm cut off once again by Eloise and her hurtful words.

"Fun. Fun?" She chuckles and pushes herself off the doorframe pacing around my room before coming to a stand still in front of me. "That boy is messing up your life, and everyone else's. Do yourself a favor and break up with him. He may be a bad influence on you, but you're bad for him too. The way you're ruining mom and dads relationship? Is how you're gonna ruin Otis's life." It's like every word she utters is spat from somewhere deep inside her. Somewhere that's filled with hate and negative emotions.

I don't know what I did to cause so much hatred.

Isn't it obvious? You're a terrible human being who ruins everyone's lives because she's too selfish to realize that no matter how hard she tries, it's never good enough.

Watching Eloise spin on her heel, walking out of my room and slamming my door brings me back to reality; the loud slam making me flinch with tears filling my waterline.

Oh no no no no, Otis will be here any second.

I have to get rid of these tears.

Racing towards the door I turn the lock and run into the bathroom, wiping the tears with tissues and smiling in the mirror.

I heard if you smile it releases endorphins, so even when you're not happy; you can become happy from smiling.

It's not working very well.

I'm snapped out of my daze when I here the soft sound of the window slowly sliding up and I let out a final sniffle as I stick a smile on my face and walk out of the bathroom to Otis closing the window quietly.