Chapter 35: Otis

I cant stop staring at her. I've always thought she was pretty since we first became friends, but now that we're on a date... it's like suddenly I realize how attractive I really find her.

It took me both the two days I had from when I asked her to now, to plan the date as perfectly as I could make it.

I knew Halloween was one of her favorite holidays and despite not really having a preference for it, she made me want to want to be scared.

I suddenly love Halloween, and it's all because of her.

I mean my heart raced every time she would run her long, pink fingernails over my skin. I would get goose bumps everywhere, I could swear my heat skipped a beat too.

Surprisingly though, I always find a way to make her more nervous on the outside than she makes me on the inside.

I think I like seeing her so flustered and blushed because—it is cute—but I also feel better about myself, knowing I'm not the only one with these flitting feelings in my stomach.

She feels it too, and I'll be damned if I don't want to make her giggle and blush as long as I live.

"That. Movie. Is. Amazing." Genevieve mumbles out with a mouth full of the popcorn I got her, as she sits up slightly in my lap once the credits roll.

"You ready?"

"For what?"

"To go to the next place," I pat the passenger seat and she slides off my lap, a sort of strange coldness I've never felt before overtakes my body as she dragged away the blanket still on her lap before I reach over her body and buckle her in.

Of course she's blushing now.

I hold back a dumb love-sick smile as she tries to subtly gape at my actions, "What do you mean next place?"

Wait... no... not love-sick. Just... dumb-happy smile...

"The next activity of our date."

She instantly lights up and I thank god she looks so excited.

I was hoping she'd wanna spend the whole night with me, because god did I wanna spend it with her, whether it be just staying at my house and talking about whatever, or doing fun stuff all night in the city.

I guess we'll find out.

***

"You're kidding! This is gonna be so fun!"

I park in the parking lot of the haunted house neighborhood and Speedy throws her blanket off her lap and starts drumming her hands on her thighs excitedly.

"Which one first?" I ask taking the keys out of the ignition.

"Let's go in order and start at the... the one over there!" She points in the distance to the smaller rickety looking ones all the way on the end, "and... and we can work our way up!"

"Now, unlock the door, QUICK!" She starts jiggling the car handle and I burst out laughing as I hit the unlock button on my side seeing G practically fall out of the car, tripping over her own feet.

When she finally starts to regain her balance she runs full force towards my door and pulls it open, grabs my hand,and starts to tug me along the sidewalk towards our first house.

"If you get scared you can just hold onto me ya know..." I waggle my eyebrows and shake our conjoined hands a little bit and she looks up at me like I'm the craziest man alive.