Chapter 44: Genevieve

My alarm blares through the otherwise silent room and Otis and I jolt awake, startled and a little bummed out that we had to leave.

It was half an hour since we fell asleep. When I look over at my phone to check the time, I see a bright white 6:00 written across the top of my phone screen.

30 minutes since...

I totally need to talk to the girls about this later.

I blush as I untangle myself from Otis and he notices as he places a feather light kiss on each cheek, making a stupid smile spread across my face.

"Aw, don't get shy on me now, Speedy." He teases as he brings his lips to mine and grips onto the side of my hip. I shiver at the thought of what happened earlier and try my best to push it down before we go back to my house.

I have to be focused. I think to myself as I put on my serious face and straighten myself out in front of the big mirror on the doors of Otis's closet.

This is serious.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom, Speedy. We can leave in 2 minutes." Otis yells from the hallway outside of his room.

Laying on his bed, I start outlining the conversation that was about to occur—as well as talking myself up, because I genuinely don't know how I'm gonna go through with standing up to my sister for the second time.

Just be confident.

Talk to her about what Otis said. It'll be fine, what harm could it cause?

***

Pulling up to my house I put my car in park and unbuckle my seatbelt, twisting, and pulling the keys out of the ignition before I hop out of the car and walk slowly, waiting for Otis to catch up to me.

He parked on the side of the rode whereas I parked in the garage, so he has to jog up the driveway towards the door I'm headed to and we push the door open and walk in together.

As we kick off our shoes I call out for Eloise and tell her we were in the kitchen and needed to talk to her.

"You ready for this?" Otis sighs looking deep into my eyes.

I appreciate that he's taking this so seriously. I like that he's taking charge of the situation and making sure I have a plan for this. It makes it known that he actually cares.

I love that about him.

He's always cared. Even when we were just friends, it was never an insincere relationship.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I smile at him and look just in time to see Eloise walk through the opening the conjoins the hallway and kitchen area.

"Peter is out with some old friends right now, I was just about to join him, but what do you need?" She asks with a heavy sigh that signals to everyone in the room that her question wasn't meant to be taken as offering for her to do any kind of favor for me.

"We-I wanted to talk to you... about the c-conversation we had yesterday." I start off, standing up straighter and twisting my fingers while darting my eyes around too nervous to meet hers.

"Okay." She responds expectantly and reluctantly, and I could feel the wariness wafting off of her in waves.

Okay Genevieve, you got this.

"I stand by what I said yesterday. I-I think you've been treating me unfairly. I think you haven't given me th-the benefit of the doubt and it's not good for our relationship... you might not want a relationship with me, but I do. I know that's hard to understand, but if I bother you that much–then you need to, at least act civil." Good job Genevieve.