Chapter 11: Otis

Insane.

That's the only way I can describe what Genevieve just did about 10 minutes ago before being grabbed by her friends and sprinting out the door.

I don't exactly know what's going on right now with her, but I loved it.

Never in a million years did I imagine tonight I would get a kiss with Genevieve.

Never in a million years did I imagine she'd be the one initiating it honestly. I thought that'd be me.

Since the first day of school this year, I'd been watching G. Not in like a creepy stalker way, just during school in our classes occasionally. I've noticed she's not the most outgoing, or outspoken, or calm person ever; she's Genevieve.

I saw her in math on the first day acting odd, and I haven't really been able to shake her off my mind ever since.

I'm not really one for relationships, I just really wanted to be able to talk to Genevieve.

Only talk.

I wanted to be able to know her so well I could have the privilege to know her opinion, her thoughts, and just anything and everything about her. What gets her up in the morning. What makes her so unbelievably happy and how can I make sure it happens all the time...

Since that first day of school, I've gotten to know her decently, that's why I'm pretty stunned after she kissed me.

It's not just that I really didn't expect it, but I'm trying to figure out if that changed anything between us; and why she did it.

What compelled my Genevieve to kiss me?

And Is this going to make it awkward with us? Did I do the wrong thing, and will she not want to be my friend anymore?

I don't know what I'll do if I don't get to keep seeing that adorable blush adorn her face from something I said.

I think I should pretend like it never happened.

I think something might've been going on to make her do that. It's not that I don't think she'd ever want to do that, or that she'd never be brave enough to do it, but she's not the type of girl to just jump someone out of nowhere and flee afterward.

I still don't know everything about Genevieve Beck.

I know she's insanely smart, talented, beautiful, and oddly likes listening to rock and 2000's pop. I know she's not the biggest fan of gym class or science classes; although she's still amazing at science.

She only really has three close friends: Naomi, Scarlett, and Victoria.

I know Victoria is "dating" Trevor and G and all her friends really want them to be official. I don't know Trevor too well, but I know he's a good guy, he treats girls well, he's only had one girlfriend and one hookup in his life. I had a couple of 'girlfriends' although I don't know if you'd call them that.

Mostly I've had a couple of hookups, but my focus throughout high school has been on taking care of my family, school, and basketball.

I wonder how many boyfriends Genevieve has had... She seems like the girlfriend type, not really the hookup type. Sure, people always say 'it's the quiet ones' and maybe she is kinky, I don't know, but I don't get the sense that she's a one and done kinda girl.

I've been in this town for a while, we moved here because my dad left us and we had to live in my mom's home town because it was easier on her to be here than away from everyone she loved. I have two little sisters who I usually have to babysit because my mom has to work late and I haven't been the biggest fan of this town or my father since that night he left.