Chapter 12: Genevieve

I don't know what possessed Alec to ask Otis about his... thingy, but it was not something I thought would be happening tonight during the game.

Nonetheless, it was happening. My face was 100% tomatoe-ing and there was nothing I could do about it.

I had to sit there with the knowledge that right now Otis Grey was in my best friends bathroom... touching it.

Holy moly, I don't know how this night went from 0-100, but I don't necessarily know if I can do anything to change it.

"Wait, here he comes... Ha, that's what she said," Alec nudges me in the side and we both laugh as Otis saunters out of the bathroom, ruler in hand.

"So..."

"Just shy of 6.5," he says like it's no big deal shrugging and tossing the ruler to James and laughs when he drops it in disgust.

Now I am no expert, but I once heard the average in the US was 4...

So, I'm impressed.

"Damn, O, nice length!" Alec says grinning and patting him on the back while Otis sits down on the couch next to me.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever,  now G."

He looks at me expectantly and I shift in nervousness debating whether I should avert my eyes from the eye contact that's making me nearly shake from anxiety. "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

I answer immediately, because I don't want to get stuck doing something weird like streaking through the backyards of Scarlett's neighbors.

"Aw, boo!" Naomi boos from beside me and I give her the stink eye as I return my gaze to a thinking Otis.

"What was the celebration?"

I'm not really sure what prompted the question. He could have asked anything and he chose that? How does he know I know? I squinted my eyes and looked him straight in the eyes, trying to figure out if it was worth it.

Nope.

SHOT!

Without a word, I walk into the kitchen, grab a shot glass, and return to my spot downing the contents with a grimace all the while Otis kept his eyes on me with a perplexed facial expression.

Probably wondering what would be so bad I would rather drink the worst thing ever, rather than tell him.

It might not really be a big deal to other people, but my first kiss being at an age where everyone else was having sex... was the worst.

I didn't want him to think I was some dumb virgin kid who was too innocent for her own good. I'm already two years younger than him (one year if you count me as 16 because my birthday is next month just to refresh...)

I just don't want him to be driven away by anything.

Not that there's anything to be driven from... ugh stupid.

It's not like I think there's a chance he could like me or anything...

I just... Never-mind.

I can't help that I have a crush on him and I don't want him to think less of me. That's how crushes work, you want them to think you're amazing and pretty and the coolest ever...

You overthink your every move to try and get them to like you, blindingly hoping they might like you for the traits you possess and not something someone else has.

Well, that's how my crushes go anyways.

"Okayyy, Scarlett. Truth or Dare?"

"You already know baby, dare."