Chapter 37: Genevieve

"Speedy,"

I hear in the faint distance and squirm when something touches my face. "Mm," I groan loudly.

"Speedy..."

"Wake up," the voice drawls out slowly and I groan again when I feel something touch my face again and I quickly grab at the blanket to cover myself and flip over onto my belly, only for my face to land on somebody.

Oh, jeez. I forgot Otis stayed over.

"I'm not ready to get up yet..." I muffle out while my head is resting on his chest with the sheet thrown over me.

"I think your parents left... I heard a car start and drive away a while ago," he says and trails a hand under my shirt and up my spine.

I shiver at his touch and sigh momentarily, snapping out of my daze as I shoot up and throw the sheet off my body, sitting cross crossed in front of him.

"Don't get handsy now, Mr." I say in a firm tone and waggle my finger in his face before putting my hand on my hip.

He frowns and trails his hand up from my thigh to my hip and curls it around my waist as my eyes widen.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you not like this?" He pauses and brings his other hand to my waist and moves it up and down the curve of it. "Or this?" I bite back a smile and shake my head no.

"Hm. I thought you did, maybe this is what you like..." he trails off and plays with the hem of my shirt before slipping his fingers underneath, dancing them across my skin agonizingly slow and I squeeze my eyes shut and put my hands on his before they can move any further.

"Nuh-uh," I say and throw his hands off so I can hop of the bed and sprint towards the window to see if the driveway is empty or not.

"Yeah, I don't think they're here, stay here though I wanna check if their cars are in the garage."

Otis nods his head before I sneak out of my room, closing the door behind me and roaming the house for evidence of my parents' locations.

"All clear!" I yell after checking every nook of the house and make my way towards the kitchen to see what food we have in the fridge; reading the small note posted on the cold metal that reads:

'Gone to a convention, will be gone for a while.
Text if you need anything.'

I crumble it up at toss it right after reading it.

"So, where'd they go?" I jump when I hear his voice behind me and turn to see him leaning against the counter without a shirt on.

My eyes trail across his body on their own accord and I pry my eyes away so I don't give him the satisfaction of witnessing me ogling him at 7 in the morning.

"Um, I don't know, they never really tell me..." I mumble out, turning away to grab the milk and eggs from the fridge and set them on the counter he's leaning against.

"Muffins?" I ask abruptly with a smile and throw up my hands in question.

I see his face crack into a silly grin and he fake rolls up his sleeves before saying, "whaddya need me to do?"

I rattle of a series of directions for him and we start preparations, getting out all the ingredients, mixing them together and preheating the oven before putting them in separate pink cupcake holders and setting the timer to bake them for 17 minutes.

"Do you see your parents a lot, Speedy?" He questions while he starts making the eggs.

"I see them when I need to, I guess... they just leave more than parents are supposed to leave. I'm fine with it though, it's not like it's child endangerment or anything," I laugh to relieve the tension my words created, swinging my legs back and forth while I watch him from my perch on the counter next to the stove.