Chapter 8 - Sexy Aunt

...

We came out of the hospital after settling all the bills, as Celesta and I rode the car till we arrived back.

Celesta focused on driving and didn't speak much, so I had to just stare at the scenery passing by us.

The city still looked the same, so I must still be in the same world.

But.. what happened to everyone? Why did they forget that I am not Carene but Cariann instead?

I still couldn't find the reason from the memories of this body, as it just consisted of Carene's life from the start. There was no mention of Cariann at all.

Then, how am I maintaining my own persona? Is it soul-switching or something?

But, what about the others then..

Too many unanswered questions.. hopefully I can resolve this situation soon.

...

As soon as we returned, Jorah came running down the stairs as she worriedly asked,

"H-Hey.. everything was okay, right? There is nothing serious is there?" The young girl looked at me with a worried gaze as she asked me.

"No. Nothing serious. I just have to visit some other doctor soon." I smiled towards her and replied.

"A-Alright. Umm.. do you need anything? Can I do something?" Jorah asked me out of concern.

"Don't worry Jorah. I am here with her. You can go back to your studies now. Your exams are coming up soon, right?" Celesta softly spoke to Jorah as she tried to reassure the young girl.

"O-Okay.."

As the young girl went back upstairs, Celesta carefully made me sit on a sofa as she tilted her head slightly and spoke,

"Carene, just wait here for a while. I will make something so delicious that you will remember for ages!" Celesta spoke to me and went into the kitchen to prepare something.

...

After some time.

Celesta came back quickly with some roasted vegetables and sandwiches.

"Here! I made with all of my heart. Try it quickly and tell me how it is."

She gave me the plate full of them as she stared at me full of expectations.

It.. looks edible, I think..

L-Let's dig in then.

As soon as I put the vegetables into my mouth, my gag reflex kicked in as I almost vomited the food out.

W-What is this?! It's half burnt and half raw. I think she even forgot to add salt to it. And why do I taste a lot of Vinegar inside this?!

Celesta... no matter how much of a nice girl you are..

You must stay far away from the Kitchen!

As Celesta's eyes were focused on me, I couldn't help but try to force some of it down somehow.

"I-Is it good?" Celesta timidly asked me.

Knowing everything Celesta had done for me, I couldn't bear to spoil her mood and nodded in approval.

"Thank goodness!! I was so worried that it didn't come out well again. Eat quickly. I made a lot of it for you~!" Celesta giggled as she watched me gulp down the food before me.