Chapter 73 - 'Normal' Person

...

<POV: Carene>

After properly informing Celesta about it this time around, I began to walk my way towards the supermarket.

Since it was the closest one near home and nothing was overpriced there, it was our go-to place to get our daily necessities.

"Excuse me, can you lend a hand for a moment? My child here is too naughty and I can't free myself to readjust my skirt."

As I turned to look at the person, it turned out to be a very beautiful and busty brown-haired woman. Her facial features made her appear coquettish.

At the time, she was holding her kid down with both arms, with the kid possibly wanting to run out to play.

What a naughty child indeed. Not everyone is as obedient and polite as our Jorah after all.

Although I didn't look closely, her skirt may really be in some troublesome position.

Since I was mostly free anyways, I decided to lend her a helping hand and caught the kid's palm within my hands.

Utilizing the chance, the woman quickly corrected her clothes while giving me an apologetic smile.

"Thank you very much for your help. It is a blessing to have met a kind-hearted person like you."

Kind-hearted? Me??

Wait till you meet someone like our Jorah or Celesta. They are absolute angels on earth!

"Me? Oh no, it's nothing like that. It was just a little thing to do, no big deal."

Still, it's better to be low-key. I didn't really do anything big anyways. What could I have possibly lost by grabbing this child for a while in my free time?

The woman bowed in thankfulness yet again, as she spoke to me,

"Still, you helped me out a lot, Miss..."

Well... if you insist on it so much, then I won't mind things on my end as well. Besides, having a beautiful woman showing her gratitude for me feels good anyways. Beats being ignored in that stupid place called College any day.

Thankfully, I don't have to go there tomorrow, or my brain would have started to melt down from my frustrations!

"Ah. I am Carene. And you are?"

The lady smiled in a gentle manner as she replied,

"My name is Daisy. And, this is my daughter Katey. We were just going to the mart to get our things when that incident happened."

Oh ho? What a coincidence! Isn't this as rare as winning the last prize in the lottery? To meet a stranger going towards a similar place like mine... if she was actually heading to the same place, then that would be really weird.

"It's alright. It happens to the best of us. In fact, I was going to one too. I am going to the Freya's though."

The lady looked somewhat surprised, as she held down the rowdy child while she remarked,

"Me too! That's so amazing, what a coincidence. Would it be okay for us mother and child to accompany you shopping?"

Holy cow! She is really going there too! What are the odds of this happening? Why didn't I buy myself a lottery ticket or something today?!

"Sure, why not. I am by myself anyways. I couldn't help but notice how young you look despite having a kid already."

Hey, I am not a big fan of wandering around a supermarket by myself. Especially if there is a beautiful lady to keep me company! So what if she has a kid? I don't discriminate against beautiful young ladies, alright?