Chapter 64 - Despairing Girl

...

<POV: Carene>

As the two of us walked towards the Infirmary, the girl kept on stealing glances at me from time to time.

There was a mixture of delight yet sadness radiating from her pair of eyes occasionally, making me really puzzled as to what exactly was going on within her mind.

Still, I knew when to have some tact at least as even I wouldn't bother someone badly injured with my own stupid questions.

After arriving at the Infirmary, I helped the girl lay down on the bed and went around to ask for the Nurse's whereabouts. As it turned out, she really wasn't there and would only be back in around twenty minutes at the earliest.

Haah... I guess that I won't be attending the first lecture today. Let's hope the attendance issue doesn't becomes a big problem this time again.

Then again... would missing out on just one lecture be a really big deal here? After all, this isn't a school where perfect attendance would be sought after. Gathering merits should be more important than anything else here, as far as I remember.

As of now... I know that I have the choice of leaving this girl on her own here... but, I just don't have the heart to do that. Even if she is a complete stranger to me, I feel like I would lose something important if I really walked away from her right now.

I think I am somewhat proficient in providing first aid... from the time of my school days, tending to my own injuries...

And as such, I began to search around the cabinets to collect the first aid tools.

Okay. These would do. Now, onto actually applying it to her body.

"Hey... um, can I know your name first? I think it would become troublesome if we don't know each other's names at least. I'm Carene, by the way. Nice to meet you."

The girl became very surprised by me speaking to her, as she immediately screamed out as she replied,

"Ah... AHH! M-My name is Nihara. It's... it's nice to meet you too, Lady Carene."

Lady Carene?? What's with that? Is that something of a quirk with her language?

Oh well. Now is not the time to mind these matters. Let's focus on the important stuff first.

"Ahem. So, Nihara... I think it would take the Nurse some time until she gets here. But, I don't think it's okay to leave your wounds in this condition unattended. Can I apply some medicines to them until the Nurse arrives?"

The girl became super happy after hearing me that she quickly shifted herself near me as she spoke to me excitedly,