Chapter 59 - Two Perspectives: Carene

...

Although I very much wanted to say something to help Celesta, Isla quickly pushed her to me and beamed a very dazzling smile, as she spoke to me,

"Well~? She looks crazy hot, right~~~~? Huhuhu, I worked pretty hard this time, you know? Ah! I'm going to be late!"

"Sorry, Celesta. I must leave immediately. Remember to give me a call if any trouble crops up. Also! No need to bring back any money from your allowance, you hear me? I would get really angry if you do that. Bye then~!!!"

Without waiting to hear any of our responses, Isla swiftly dashed away, going out from the front door and disappearing from our field of vision.

Well, what can I say? She is surely a unique mother in her own right. Expecting any less mischief out of her would be a great disservice to her reputation.

While I was contemplating on how to judge Isla's new changed self, Celesta meekly pulled my wrist, as she asked me,

"T-That... do I, look good in this..?"

*Badum*

No good. My heart skipped a beat there!

But, it couldn't be helped this time. Celesta usually has a very upfront and decisive personality. In comparison, I have always been the meek one, following her lead whenever troubled.

However, the gap this time, from her confident self to her shy behavior now... it is almost as if our roles have been reversed!

D-Don't lose it, Carene... don't let yourself overthink!!

I-It isn't how it looks like. Celesta... she is just a bit nervous about wearing something that she is not used to.

As a supportive friend of hers... I must act properly. Remember the objective of this outing- to relieve Celesta of her unspoken stresses.

If I can't play a proper role in relieving her of those worries, then I must at least make her present much more joyful, enough to make her forget about those problems.

"It looks good on you, Celesta. V-Very much actually..."

A happy smile floated up on Celesta's face as she bent her head down to hide it.

N-No good... I might really lose it today.

...

After injecting myself with a dubious immunization of Celesta's fatal attractive cuteness, the two of us walked out of the house as well, moving towards the Bus Station. Celesta judged it to be cheaper for us to take a bus rather than going for a taxi.