Chapter 71 - Backlash

...

<POV: Carene>

"Yeah, yeah. I heard you all. It's just that, I didn't really care about any of your threats, so... yeah, that's it. As for my motives... you see this girl here? She is my friend. My buddy. And, unlike you guys, I am not a friend so worthless that I would let my friend be beaten up by a bunch of cowards."

As soon as I let them hear my exact thoughts about them, maddening rage overcame their shock, as they all began to rant again.

"C-Cowards? She called us..?"

"Fuck yeah, she did!"

"Darn it! Just who is this bitch?!"

"No, wait a second. She said that she is that slut's friend, right? Is she that 'friend' for which that slut was begging us earlier for?"

"Oh yeah. Now that you mention it, it should be this bitch indeed."

"A slut befriending a bitch. What a match made in heaven!"

A slut, huh? Well, she is still a lot better human being than all of you fuckers!

These guys don't even bat an eye on enacting such cruelty. Heck, it even seems like they are all very proud of themselves too!

It really makes me sick to my stomach how much these guys have fallen off the right path.

"Why don't they both just polish their mirrors together or something? Oh! I forgot... that slut is a dick fanatic! Rubbing and all is no good for her already!"

"Ahahahaha. Let me watch them together. I am totally into the lesbo sex nowadays."

Yeah, right. As if a real woman would ever care to be with you guys. Wanting to see me in action? Just beware that you yourself don't begin to cry out in fear.

How about I do some lesbian things with their mothers and sisters, and give them a few siblings or nieces? That would really teach these shitty brats a good lesson.

Then again, sex is not a tool for revenge or exploitation for me. It's something that is meant to have a positive influence on both participants. I don't wanna get involved in any of the dark shit these guys indulge in.

As I let these guys keep barking, my gaze turned to the girl behind me.

She had sat up on the floor, with eyes staring at me in wonder and shock. It was also then that I realized something important.

So these guys are the reason why Nihara was ignoring me today?

Phew! That solves one mystery at least. And here I was getting so worried about what I did to offend her. This girl... I must thoroughly lecture her on what being a friend is all about.

But, before that... let's deal with these dipshits first.

...

As I cleared out my ears while letting these human-shaped monsters bark, I flicked the dirt away while I lazily spoke to them,

"So? Done with all your craptalk? Why don't you guys actually do something then? I have been fuckin waiting here all the time, and all you guys do is just talk, What a bunch of losers."

That got those fuckers riled up again, as they all began to stare at me with eyes full of rage and killing intent.

Especially the guy that I had pushed off Nihara, he was already looking like his top was about to blow off instead.

"This bitch! I'm gonna kill ya!"

Before that guy could run up to me, the goons around him grabbed at his body to hold him back while they spoke to him,