Chapter 70 - A Bad Day

...

<POV: Carene>

By the time I got out of Sis Lin's house, it was already dark outside, with the time being 7.15 PM.

Let's hope Celesta isn't too mad with me this time. Although she is usually kind to me, she hates liars and cheaters to the core.

"I-I'm back..."

As I guiltily looked around the house, Jorah soon found me and ran up to give me a big tight hug.

"Ah! Sister Carene! Welcome home~! Would you like to try my cooked dish too?"

Oh, yeah. Celesta did mention something like that on the phone. To think that Jorah has begun to take an interest in culinary arts at such a young age. Not bad, not bad at all.

"Sure, sure. Why wouldn't I? Was everything okay at the school? Those girls didn't dare to bully you anymore, right?"

That was one thing that worried me in Jorah's case since she has a habit of hiding her pain and concerns from everyone else.

"Nope~! They all behave really well now. Ehehe, it's all thanks to Sister Carene's help! Going to school now is so much fun!"

Is that so? That's good then. And here I was getting all worried over nothing. I guess those girls aren't so bad at all. They just needed someone to give them some 'tough love', I guess.

"Really? I'm glad that it's all good now. By the way, Jorah... where is your Big Sister Celesta?"

"Hmm? She left with Sisters Lara and Lanita somewhere. She was really angry before she left too. Do you know why, Sister Carene?"

Oh shit. She is really mad this time. It's never good when Celesta gets angry. In fact, her silent nature makes her appear even more terrifying instead!

"Ehh?! N-No, how could I? I mean, I came just now, right? How could I have made her angry?"

I had to refute to the best of my abilities. There is no way that I would let Jorah become offended too. Let's hope they all calm down soon.

"That's true... oh well, dinner time then~! Sister Carene, everyone ate already! Only you are left. Come, I will serve it to you myself!"

Jorah began to drag me towards the dining room, as she sat me down and gave me a big sunny smile.

"T-Thanks, Jorah. You are a really nice girl."

Jorah laughed cheekily and winked at me with a naughty look as she replied,

"Ehehehe. I know, right~~?"

Haaa... looks like Celesta is really mad with me this time. I have a lot to explain to her the next time I see her.

But, I really hope that her mood gets better. I don't wish to face an angry Celesta at all...

...

Celesta, she really turned out to be angry with me. Very angry, in fact.

Although I had tried to apologize to her at night, and even before breakfast in the morning, she had completely ignored me.

That's what she's like when she is thoroughly pissed.

She even went to the College without bringing me along this time. Yup, I have thoroughly angered her yet again.

The last time I remember this happening was... I think before we stopped talking to each other several years ago. Although we had been having a good time recently, I haven't forgotten the fact that our friendship itself isn't a thing to last forever. Once Celesta finds someone she likes... she will abandon me all over again.