Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Part 1 - Unsure

...

<POV: Carene>

That darned stupid old woman... Screw You!

No matter how good of a person you used to be before or not, if you dare make my Sis Lin sad, then you are my enemy.

Hah! Take That! As a redemption, I have pulled a loyal customer like Sis Lin away from your stupid shop. Possibly forever!

Haha. Take that, you old bat!

...

When the both of us had come out a few distances away from that Cursed Shop, I turned back to look at Sis Lin's face, to check if the incident earlier had relapsed her back into a state of distress.

I was shocked to see that not only was Sis Lin not in any sort of visible distress, but she was also smiling somewhat cheerfully, with her face having taken a deep shade of red... while continuing to hold my hands.

Aaaah! I h-held her hands in the heat of the moment! Oh, God! What do I do next?!

Should I... let go of her hands? Well, honestly speaking, I don't want to. Her slim, warm and soft hands actually feel very nice to touch too.

Hopefully... No, don't get distracted again, Carene. I must not trouble Sis Lin any further than this.

But... I just can't bring myself to tear myself away from a ridiculously cute creature like her either.

Then, let's have her decide what to do next. Meanwhile, I should just continue to hold her hands, as if I didn't notice yet what I myself did.

However, if Sis Lin herself decides to pull her hands away from mine...

...

As time kept passing, with the two of us staying silent for our own reasons, there was something that really turned out great.

After all, Sis Lin hadn't pulled her hands out from mine!

On the contrary, though, Sis Lin looked to have a lot on her mind today. Maybe she didn't shake me off for that reason.

Well... at least she didn't complain about it. It's okay from her end too, I guess.

After walking together in silence, with butterflies swimming around my belly, and the mood between us being so good, Sis Lin suddenly pulled me a bit, as she pointed towards another small store and spoke to me,

"Little Carene! Hold on for a bit, alright? No need to rush aimlessly in these streets. It's easy to get lost if one isn't being careful. Also, this shop right here is another one that Mother often brought me to. I remember how Mother always gloated about the things that she would buy from here. Those really were the good times..."

Sis Lin became silent for a moment as her eyes kept staring at the store. Maybe she was revisiting the old memories that she made here?

She soon broke her trance and spoke further to me,

"Let's try going in to see if the two of us would be able to find something good as well. No! I am sure that we would get something great this time!"

Uh... I don't really mind going there with Sis Lin, but... what happened earlier won't repeat again, right?

I surely hope not. I don't want our trip out today to keep ending up in bad endings. If that thing happens again though, maybe I am the one who has been jinxing Sis Lin all day today.

There was also a small hope inside of me that this shop could be that Lingerie shop.

As if she had sensed my consent, Sis Lin slowly pulled me along with her... with our hands still grasped together as we walked into the store.