Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Part 1 - Rapid Calling

...

<POV: Carene>

Although there was a lot that I wanted to speak to our little Jorah, she had already long disappeared before my eyes.

Darn it. So this was what she wanted to do all along? Even a girl as young as her absolutely fooled me, through and through!

Then again... what's done is done.

No use in crying over little incidents.. assuming this to actually be a little incident.

Right. Just a small bump on the road. No need to take it too seriously. Just a prank from a child.

Alright. Somehow that made it a little better to accept.

...

Well, since there is nothing left for me to do here at her school premises, I quickly found another Bus heading towards our neighborhood and bought a ticket inside.

Unfortunately, it was rush hour and hence it was jam-packed with commuters... which left no seat for me to sit on.

Thankfully, I didn't encounter any weird old men trying to grope my hips. I was really very thankful that such a thing didn't happen. However, it also made me realize that I need to get my Driver's license already.

I mean, it would have been a lot better if I could just anywhere I wanted, right?

As I continued to go through the specifics of my new plan to acquire a DL, the phone in my pocket started to ring all of a sudden.

And.. it was the special ringtone that I had assigned to a very specific contact earlier, to avoid the call from being overlooked again.

Celesta is calling?! Oh God, don't make her hang it up.... It got connected!!

"Hello? Celesta? Hey, how have you been? Is something wrong over there? Sorry that I couldn't pick up your call last night! Um... are you still there?"

I heard a sweet giggle coming from the phone, as Celesta finally spoke,

<Yes, I can you well Carene. Sorry for worrying you like that. The phone wasn't charged and I couldn't find another to call you in the rush.>

I breathed a sigh of relief and softly admonished myself for having such stupid delusions of her being in trouble.

It wasn't like that at all... Celesta was truly safe all along.

Thank you, God! Thank you so.. so very much...

Not being able to hold myself anymore, I continued to ask her further,

"Hey, umm... how is everything over there? Are there any troublesome people there around you? Have the study sessions been too tough? Ah! Did you have some breakfast yet?!"

Even when I finally knew that Celesta was fine, my inner greed drove me to hear her sweet voice even more.

<That.. no. Actually, I am on my way back home now. There are some problems though. I was actually trying to arrive by noon today, however, the traffic congestion issue I am facing right now is severely bad. I had no choice but to book the evening flight, so I might be back sometime after 9.00 PM.>

Upon hearing the delightful news that Celesta was coming, every pore of my skin began to tingle in excitement. I couldn't hold back my inner excitement as I replied back to her,

"R-Really?! Alright! I will be there to receive you at the airport then. Just.. wait for me when you get there, okay?"

There was a few seconds of silence before I heard Celesta's voice again.