Chapter 55 - Working Together

...

After I ignored the moody Tenant a few more times, she reluctantly walked away, probably back to her room.

I breathed a sigh of relief since the mental stress from being shot by the troll gun was too much for me to bear. Still, since I now have this body, I must prepare myself to face such things every day. Not everyone is as kind as Celesta or Sis Lin to accept me for who I am rather than what my body has.

Remembering my first day in this body, the ladies who had sex with me only did it for the novelty value, a one-of-a-kind experience. It was pretty obvious that none of them cared or had any affection for me.

Bracing myself for whatever might come my way in the future, I busied myself with cleaning the Dining room that I was sitting in right now. In the middle of my work, I heard the front door of the house being opened, shortly after which some voices came out from the same direction.

"Oh Gosh, then was so tiring! Sis Lanita, you get way too excited whenever you go shopping. It's important to remember how to hold back your urges too... Hey! Is anyone home yet?"

It's the twins. Well, I'm glad that they came home safely, though I am not sure how this one would go.

And as I had guessed already, the elder twin, Lara sighed heavily upon noticing me. She glared at me with a nauseating expression as she talked to me,

"Haaah... It's her again. Weren't you away on some errand outside today? What? Are you done with it so fast? Cheh! So annoying."

So... I am considered annoying since I came back early? Wait, is this even considered early anymore?? Did she want me to stay out till midnight?

In comparison, her younger twin, Lanita behaved absentmindedly, being as aloof as a Sky Dragon. She kept sucking the popsicle inside her mouth while standing looking bored, near her elder twin.

So... even she won't help me out here, huh? No, don't take it to heart, me. I just don't have a close bond with her, maybe that is why she is acting like that. Probably. Hopefully...

While I continued to act normal while being glared at with eyes full of daggers, a vibrant and happy Jorah ran over to my side and gave me a strong hug, as she exclaimed.

"Hehehehehe. Big sister Carene. Thanks a lot for earlier today! I actually had a lot of fun there today, you know~?"

An Angel! A Goddess has descended! Such an obedient and good child. I wonder, just who does she take after?

"Ah. That's good, I guess. But, you girls were out shopping, right? What did you buy there today?"

As soon as I spoke about this, Jorah became greatly shocked, while Lara snorted heavily in dissatisfaction.

Hey, I am not even talking to you right now. Why are you getting all pissed off? Do you really think that I would waste my time stalking you around the City?

"Ehhh~? How do you know about it already?? Well, it's nothing much actually. Just some stuff to decorate the house... Ah! I forgot! Sister Lanita, Sister Lara, we don't have much time left! Let's hurry up!"

As expected, the three of them looked to have already guessed something. It would be kind of obvious if a workaholic like Isla takes a day off from her second job.

Upon hearing Jorah's words, Lara spoke up with a dissatisfied face,

"Alright, alright. I know what to do, alright? No need to get so hyped up like that.''

Jorah looked troubled by Lara's reaction. Since Lara was the second eldest of the girls after Celesta, with Celesta not being around, she had turned bossy all of a sudden.