Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Part 1 - I am... What?!

...

Jorah began to fiddle her fingers, as she turned her head down. She looked up at me slightly sometimes, before shifting her gaze somewhere to the side.

After spending some moments with her like that, Jorah finally spoke something to me,

"Um, It's just that... I asked some of my.. classmates to come here yesterday. Would it be okay to wait here for them a little?"

Uh, this... kind of seems fishy, right? I think that Jorah is hiding something from me.

Hmmm, what should I do then? Yeah, right. As if I have any other choice but to agree. It's not like I want to break her heart after coming all the way to her School, right?

And, I trust Jorah. Although she could be somewhat mischievous, she is most definitely a good girl. The thing with her friends must be a normal meet-and-greet event of sorts, right?

I did decide to be responsible for Jorah from now on, so.. yeah. Let's just wait here then.

Deciding to ease the worries of the young girl in front of me, I smiled and nodded at her and said,

"Alright. We would wait. But, only until the School bell rings. After that, straight to the School, alright?"

The distressed look on Jorah's face slowly disappeared, as she hugged me once tightly and screamed out joyfully,

"Thanks, Sister Carene! I knew that you would agree... I promise it won't take long, really."

Yeah yeah. It really won't take long. I mean, there are like, twenty minutes or something before the School bell rings.

Jorah & I stood next to a huge tree some distance away from the School gates, as we awaited the arrival of her friends. Jorah seemed very excited throughout the time as she impatiently scrolled through her phone.

Meanwhile, other students kept arriving, as the near-desolate-looking street began to become more and more crowded. It kind of reminded me of my own school days.

Wait. Did I really attend my School properly?

It... seems like I did, but... something feels a bit weird.

Darn it! Something is really wrong with my memories here. I hope that the Doctor that Sist Lin recommended would be able to help me resolve this problem. It just feels too confusing at times.

...

"Oh ho.. so you did come after all? And here I was thinking that you were playing some pranks on us, Jora-baby."

Jora Baby? What kind of screwed-up nickname is that? It sounds totally awful! And the tone in which it was said didn't seem to have any warmth in it at all.

As I turned my attention to the source of the awful dialogue, a few girls dressed up in their School uniforms walked before us.

To be accurate, a group of four girls. Their ages seemed to be similar, however, if I have to compare, then they all seemed a bit older than our Jorah. Maybe their bodies hit puberty really early? Well, that was the case for those girls, except for one of them.

And that one seemed to have the airs of the leader of their little group. She was the tallest amongst all four of them, however.. speaking of her chest size...

There was none.. nothing.... Zero. Yeah, she was flat. Though, she was still a schoolgirl, so who knows? Maybe she would experience some sudden growth spurt in her size?