Love letters.

Happy (early) Valentine's day! Sorry I've been gone, I've been playing the hell out of Legends Arceus.

But anyway, take this fic as an early Valentine's gift, tomorrow I'll be writing as well.

Shitty art by me, if its not at the top it'll be at the bottom!

Slight yandere by the way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeping a smile for the crowds of children was harder for him when you kept catching his gaze.

The lovesick words of the moon didn't help his train of thought either. The two of them had fallen head over heels for you, even if it went against their programming.

You were so great with the kids. Caring, making sure each of them were happy. Happier than ever even! You tended to any scrapes they may have gotten while running around the play area. Or if any of them thought they could fly and leap off the jungle gyms.

Luckily Sunny was there to catch them so there weren't any accidents! He was faster than he looked! He didn't crawl around like his lunar self, but he was more of a jumper. Having long, strong legs really helped!

While he would scold any bullies, you would cling to the crying child. Doing your best to keep them from crying, or stopping their tears if they already started crying.

Most of the children loved him, but there were still a good handful of ones that were scared of him. Far too nervous to turn to him if something was wrong. Which is where you came in.

And the parents seemed to relax at the sight of an actual human keeping an eye on their kids rather than the nine foot jester.

You even helped out during nap time. You read to the restless children before passing out moon drops. You made sure each and everyone of them were tucked in.

Moon could be a little strict, and you'd quickly step in. The daycare already had a dozen complaints.. You didn't need any more.

But, over time thanks to your sweet self. The moon grew more lenient, trying not to raise his voice at any of the children who threw a tantrum at bedtime.

His patients ran thin, but he always tried to keep his temper in check for the children.. Well, mostly for you. He knew he could be intimidating, and he didn't want to scare off the only good thing in his life.

The sun was snapped out of his thoughts when the double doors of the daycare opened. Which was odd, the daycare had closed for the day a little over an hour ago.

"Hello friend! As much as I adore our playtime! I'm afraid the daycare is closed for the day!" He says, stepping out from his perch.

Looking down however, he saw you and a couple more of your coworkers carrying big boxes.

"..is there a birthday I don't know about?" Sun asks himself, curious. But his servos warmed at the sight of you. You wore your regular comfy clothes rather than the itchy uniform you always wore. You were off the clock after all.

"No idiot. There's a holiday this month. Do you ever check the damn calendar?"

"Moon! Language!"

"There's no children around you sunny side up dumb shit. And even if there were, they can't hear me in your head. They aren't psychic."

The sun huffs, crossing his arms. "..with all that's been going on, I didn't know there was a holiday."

His darker self snickers. "Its because they're on our minds again.. Although I'm not complaining.. You really need to be paying more attention..."