Chapter two

Hope you guys love this part

Irene's POV
We arrived at Hattie's so-called destination. The destination was the garden which was at the palace , guess that's where I smelt the flowers from. it was even more beautiful than I visualized. There was a large swing to the left, decorated with jewels I dare not lay my hands on then I glanced to the right, there was a very huge pitch and a well close to it where the men were seen chatting and drinking mead on a huge round table. They were all dressed in armory, they seemed to be the knights. I shook my head off fantasies on the imagery before me. The garden was large and a few people meandered around. 

"Amazing right?" Hattie chortled as she furrowed her eyebrows reacting to the vibrant sun beat.

"More than amazing" I smiled as it got quiet for a moment as we sat on a huge block watching the men chat and laugh loudly. Silence crept in between I and Hattie, I wanted to talk but we were just getting to know each other.

"Do you hate the prince..." the question popped out of a sudden as I covered my mouth but seemed Hattie wanted to know more as she raised a brow and adjusted just to face me"......I mean, the way your expression was when you talked about him earlier, is there something between you guys? "I finally let out the question.

She heaved a sigh, rubbing her temples. I felt bad, I really didn't want her to talk about it if she didn't want to "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" I say with concern arising

"No it's okay, Well, it's a long story" she smirked.

"Shorten it "I smiled as I cupped my face with one hand and rested my elbow on my lap. I was now interested, she gave me a smile and proceeded to continue.

"After I left the palace of Cedric..." she started almost immediately "I first took shelter a few days in the woods with my mother, I sprained my ankle one day while getting wood for fire and the prince found me, oh, he was so handsome and good looking, he had this charm to him that I tried to avoid but I couldn't. He stayed with us for a few days of our journey, he told me a few things about him but the one thing I regret was telling him all about me, he used me as one of his little mistresses. We did make out...." she paused in her tracks taking a moment to recall.

She continued "....and that must've been my worst mistake, when I finally arrived in the city to wait for the job Orla promised me, the prince never visited me, he never sent word, nothing, it was like that for a whole week but I ignored it because I assumed he was busy until the day I arrived at the palace, I was more than excited, I was filled with joy, love mostly lust for the prince, just to see him. Then I did but I saw him with another woman in his arms in his Royal Chambers, he never acted surprised or worried, the words he said to her were 'she's just one of them, I felt like the gods were never on my side, Hadrian betrayed me, I should have expected it, I mean, how could a prince like him be with a slave like me." Tears rolled down her cheeks, she didn't waste time to wipe it off.

"Long story short, I got over it but I don't hate him I just know the day will come when all his mistakes hit him in his face, especially now when he arrives with his betrothed". wow, so much, she looked carefree saying all these. The prince sounded rude. I certainly never wanted to meet his acquaintance. I looked at Hattie and she seemed unbothered.

"I'm sorry all this happened, you don't deserve that treatment "I cheered stroking her silky blonde hair.

She smiled "come on we should go, the Queen might send for you anytime," she said dusting her thick linen short dress.