Chapter nine

Hey beautiful people 🤗🤗
I'm still apologizing for the late updates, exams are much and I think I'm under the weather 🤧🤧
Probably sure I passed my chem.exam✨

Anyways here's the update, I hope you love it 😊😊❤️

Third Person's POV
"How much do you want Cedric?"Isolde sits on the armchair facing Cedric. Isolde had connived with Cedric to kill Hadrian on his trip, they both sat down in Cedric's throne room awaiting the assassin's arrival.

"Patience Isolde, I'll tell you when he gets back" Cedric replied and takes a sip of his wine.

"Hadrian has been a thorn in my flesh since the day he was born, I will do anything to see him bow to my feet, I'll do anything to see him beg for mercy, I'm just trying to take the easier part by killing him, so do not speak to me about patience"Isolde snaps which made Cedric let out a dark, deep chuckle. She stops at her pace around the room and gives him a hard glare. Isolde has always had her eyes on the throne ever since she got married to Triton, her whole aim was to get the throne, she brought in Natasha to see if marrying the prince would make it easier but she likes to do things her way and now she desires Hadrian's life without the intentions of Natasha.

"My Lord" a voice calls out as he barges into the throne room and is greeted the nobles with the bend of a knee.

"Took you long enough," Isolde says"is he dead?"

"No you gave me the wrong information, he wasn't going to any village I didn't see him on his way" the assassin confessed.

"Impossible he went out, I'm sure of it"Isolde hissed.

"You brought me the wrong information queen, he went to the house of a girl, young lady, he takes the place of another knight in the tournament games," he said.

"Which house?"Isolde moves toward the assassin.

"When we get to Diera, we can discuss that, "the assassin said and left immediately.

"I would take pleasure in killing your assassin myself Cedric if he doesn'watch his tongue," Isolde says.

Cedric chuckles “you're not the only one who wants Hadrian dead, he took my boy away from me, remember" Cedric tightened his grip on his glass recalling the dead body of his son delivered to his bed. 

 "You should have been wise, Hadrian is strong and he is under the protection of the gods," Isolde said as she moved towards Cedric and stole his wine from his hand. Cedric has always desired the kingdom of Deira, so he joined hands with Isolde to sabotage them, Isolde wants the throne and she offered Cedric a place in the council.

"You seek the throne whereas you are not the rightful heir, why?" Cedric teased grinning at her.

Isolde frowned “It is not of your concern sire, I was supposed to get married to the king at first before my sister came in and stole my place, almost my crown if I wasn't wise enough"

"Scarlett never married Triton, she only bore him a son," Cedric said.

"What would you know, I was betrayed, Now that I am queen, I'll make certain it lasts forever" Isolde grimaced and gulps the whole wine. She turns to leave.

"My money Isolde" Cedric calls out.

She turns to face him and laughs sarcastically"you should be happy I still pay you even after offering you a position in the palace when I become queen" she eyed him and turned to leave"I'll pay you when the job is done," she said walking away.

"Looking forward to it!" he yells and she walks away completely out of sight.

****"*
Natasha sat on the king-size bed while Isolde sat on a huge armchair, both of them sitting silently in her chambers.

"You said you're waiting for someone, who is it? and why am I here if the person's not for me?" Natasha speaks up breaking the silence. .