Chapter 50- Epilogue

All the glory to God!!!!
Epilogue.

Hadrian's POV
"How many more would die Cedric, let's end this now. Just take my hand" My hand lay outstretched before Cedric who was on his knees. The fight was unexpected but William talking to me, there was no need for a fight. I decided to settle it man to man. I and Cedric.

"Never! You killed my son!" He roared.

"You killed hundreds of my people in our last war. Children died that day!" I cried back. I was almost convinced to withdraw my hand thinking of what happened past but one look at my men who stood behind me and one look up "Okay, Cedric don't take my hand because I killed your son. But look at your people, look at your future. Is it a war you really want?" He kept quiet "I thought as much too. Please Cedric, take my hand..." He was about to resist "Let's build our kingdoms again"

Looking dead into our eyes, he frowned then almost immediately took my hands and I pulled him up. The people cheered and made a joyful noise. I peered into Cedric's eyes "Thank you"

"No, thank you. You have these people hope again. There is something you must know though" he said.

I pulled my brows together "What?"

"Isolde and Natasha are on their way to your camp now, this war was a trap" he paused.

"Why are they there? What do they want?" I ask, my breath hitching.

"Irene" he breathed

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Calm down, Hadrian. I know where they are taking her. I could take you there." Cedric told me. My breathing became unhinged. I was sweating and my heart was out of my chest.

"What's going on here. We all should be celebrating" Eleanor's voice interrupted us as I glanced over my shoulder to see her jogging hastily toward us. Her cheerful deamenor turned into a frown.
" Hadrian what's wrong?" she asked.

"Prepare the horses, I need to go after Irene" I stated immediately and walked out of their presence, walking to where Cedric's horses were kept, recalling that our horses where with Irene. Remembering her only brought suffering to me. I had just got her back and i was about to lose her again. Tears swiveled down my cheeks as I grab a pole thrusted to the ground and wept. The pain and agony I felt hit me deep. I never cry but I was crying.

"Hadrian" a soft voice crept behind me. I turned around to find Eleanor beaming at me, immediately I pull her into my embrace. I was so weak, I had never felt that weak.

"Hadrian, I promise you, we will get her back. I promise" she stroked my back and prayed to God for me. "Now, let's get on those horses. Cedric!" She pulled out of the embrace and screamed as Cedric ran toward us.

"We must hurry. They took her eastwards" Cedric said upon arrival. I nodded at each of them and signalled for a guard to come over. He jogged towards us and bowed.

"Inform Louise that we'd be back soon" I glanced at Eleanor "and Sir Frederick" I tell him.

"Yes sir" he bowed and jogged back.

Mounting our horses, we kicked it and on our way we were.

"Jesus, if you can hear me. Please help us" I prayed, whispering to my hearing only.

**********
Irene's POV

I looked down the edge of the cliff and stared at the ropes tied around my body. My eyes were red with tears and my spirit could not stop praying. I looked at the heavens and cried.

"Crying won't save you from dying today" Natasha's voice rang in my head.

"Natasha, you don't want to do this" I begged.