Chapter 33.

33✨.

Irene's POV.

My head was throbbing and my ear drum banged, I was confused and surprised at the same time, it was cold and dark, and the trees with no branches blew fear and anxiety toward me, I was scared. Dark thick clouds hovered over me and I was beginning to get angry, I mostly wondered why Darius would bring me to such a place, and then I realized that I was the one who asked for answers but this is definitely not looking like a suitable place to get answers but then again, Hadrian needs help, not for me but for his people.

The whole feeling got worse when a very familiar voice crept behind me. I felt cold and I was shaking. I didn't want to turn but my curiosity was killing me already. I turned my face to meet a familiar face and I was shocked at what my eyes fell upon, it was the woman in my dreams, the woman with the same eyes Hadrian has.

"You?" I say in surprise. She takes a few steps toward me and then the most beautiful smile I have ever seen lit up her face.

"I have been waiting".

I was surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I ask already knowing that she must know me.

"You need answers and I have them for you" she mutters as the wind blew her hair over her oval-shaped face.

"Is this a joke? I do need answers but not standing in a cold deserted place like this, where in the seven kingdoms am I in?" I shudder as the cold got to me.

She smiled" I forgot, Irene, welcome to the underworld".

I raised a brow, the underworld is a place for the dead, why would I be in the underworld?

" Wait what, what am I doing in the underworld, am I dead?" I inquire.

The woman giggled and her nose complimented her whole look, she was radiant even in the darkness. Her glowing skin complimented her thin but round silhouette.

"You are not dead Irene, Darius sent you here so you could get answers but..." She trailed and entered a boat just at the bank of the river opposite us "...you are here to learn something different" she continued further and stretched her hand, gesturing for me to come in.

I revoked my movements as I stood curiously.

"Who are you?" I ask "you appear in my nightmares and don't say a word but help, surely you won't do the same now that we are conversing".

"Scarlett is my name, daughter of Athena, granddaughter of Bree, and mother of Hadrian," She tells me

Her last statement caught me and I shrugged.

"Hadrian's mother, the one who left him".

"That was what my son told you but that's not the truth, I would never leave Hadrian..." She sighs"... I have so much explaining to do but if you don't come with me, the more questions pile up and the more time is running out for Hadrian and the entire city".

I heaved a sigh and walked into the boat.

We moved silently for some while, Scarlett is the last person on my mind I thought Darius would send me to but what if she knows where he is, I mean she's a ghost or something.

"Not a ghost," she says and I look at her puzzled.

"It's a gift, my grandmother possessed it" she smiles.

I gave her a smirk and the silence continued, I tried not to think of anything so that she won't hear me again.

"My mother would take me to the rivers every Sunday..." She turned towards me "...she says that's where the gods are closer to," we both say the same thing, and this time I faced her directly.