Chapter eight

Irene's POV:

  My day was great, No it was awful I hated every bit of it but still, I loved every part of it.  The prince is...I try to describe him, he looks like he's going to hurt someone, then the next minute he's nice, he just confused me. My work at the palace was all done after I finished polishing the prince's armor, I kissed Orla goodnight and retired back to the streets in my way to my house.

 "Hi father I'm back," I say immediately I enter my house just to find my father in the kitchen. I smile and ambled towards him.

"Hey flower" he kisses my forehead"  how was your day.....?" he asks. I tuck at the apron he was wearing. My father loved cooking. It was something he used to do with my mother, I smiled up at him before replying.

 "Stressful actually"I take a few steps to my bed.

"Are you limping?" with this I stood frozen, I almost forgot, I can't let my father know I now work for the prince too, he has never had a likeness for him. 

"Uhm.... yeah, I uh... I tripped on the stairs"I lied, which have a pang on my chest. I never lie to my father or even to anyone.

"Really?, sit down." I recall when I'll scold my brother to sit and he'll hurry and sit like an obedient dog. I sat like an obedient dog as my father takes my foot and applies oil to massage. I smile at his silly behavior as he rushes every second to pour oil.

"It's just a slight fall father" I giggle.

"I know but I have to make sure you're fine before I leave" leave?

"Leave? to where?"I ask curiously.

"Oh, I have a job to do in the city of Leah, I'll be gone for a week," he says. I could feel my heart crushing and my shoulders fall.

"Oh..."I take my legs out of his grip.

"I won't be a long flower"  he rubs my shoulders and smiles at me. I have never been too far away from him.

"I know Father, I would miss you greatly, when are you leaving?"I ask

"Very early....... tomorrow" he grinned as he stopped to look at me. I pull him into a warm embrace.

"I'll go to bed now"I announce.

"Of course flower"  he kisses my forehead, letting me go to lie on my bed, I can't have a bath now I'm too sad to do so. I sighed and squeeze myself into the bed throw.

*****
Hadrian POV

 "What the hell was that?!"I yell walking into my room as Leo trailed behind me.

 It is a tradition that every year we host a game, a game where only nobles of the seven kingdoms come to participate in it, it is played by getting on horses with a long pole and then placed on the two ends and then we attack. And now just during training my knights held back when they had a perfect opportunity to strike me.

"You have to calm down Hadrian, you're the heir to the throne if anything were to happen to you, your father won't like it."

I sigh as I rub my temples continuously trying to think. If my men don't see me as a threat during training then it means I do not deserve all my wins then, I haven't earned them, they've been given to me.

"You will do something for me"

"Oh no, this won't be good," Leo says and I smirk.

"Find a place for me to stay and I'll participate in the games secretly" Leo looked at me puzzled and confused.

"Okay listen, I'll tell my father I'll be going on a trip or something to sort things out and then you'll find a place for me to stay after each game every day, and you'll also find a subjet or someone to acknowledge in my replacement, then after the games, I'll show my knights and my father I can do it myself" I tap Leo's shoulders.