Chapter 42

Hiii, how are you?
I absolutely love this chapter, I was happy when writing it. I hope you do too.
Enjoy!!!
Xx, Quinofsmiles.

Third Person's POV
The night sky was coming up now as the sun was setting. Cedric and his men stopped to camp for the night since it was getting too dark to see. Their tents were made and a few of the men sat around the fire laughing heartily, drinking and eating. Looking at them, Hadrian sighed.

“I could have been like them” he paused “Lost in wine” he finished and turned to Irene who sat just opposite him.

“But you didn't, that's the good thing right?” she smiled rubbing her hands on his, their hands still tied. He didn't shrug or move. He peered into her eyes and they remained like that for minutes before Hadrian spoke.

“When you met my mother, what was she like?” he asked. Irene smiled before answering.

“She was beautiful, I have never met someone with such beauty. She was a good person, all she ever did was love” Irene remembered when she met Scarlett.

Hadrian sighed “I wish I had the chance to meet her,”

“She misses you so much, maybe someday you could ask Darius to help” She squeezed his hand. Hadrian was shocked, Irene was normally shy.

“We could both go”

“I...I” She was about to protest but she was cut off when Cedric walked in with one of his men causing Irene to draw out her hands.

“How are you two faring?” Cedric said smirking.

“What do you want?” Hadrian asked completely annoyed that he broke the perfect silence they were just having.

Cedric frowned and threw half a lump of bread just in front of them “Enjoy your meal”. He said as he was about to walk away.

“Sir, shouldn't we untie them,” the other man with him said stopping Cedric. He was tall and muscular, his face formed a beautiful jawline with his jet-black hair.

“Why would we do that?” Cedric questioned.

“They would only slow us down, we have already a half day lost. If we need speed, certainly we have to release them and let their blood flow regularly, sir” he bowed. Cedric frowned his face, he didn't like the idea. He sighed before speaking.

“Alright William, untie them but make sure that they are heavily guarded and watched,” Cedric moved a step then paused “And William” he called.

“Sir”

“If they by any means escape, I will certainly not spare you,” Cedric said and walked away.

“I will handpick their guards myself, sir!” William cried but Cedric was already out of earshot for a few seconds and he became out of sight, William rushed and bent over to Hadrian and Irene, losing the tight ropes on their hands.

“We do not have much time, I had to come up with that so I could speak to you, how are you?” William began asking Irene.

“I am well, William, please meet Prince Hadrian, and Hadrian, this is William” She introduced the two, they knew each other already but it was the formal thing to do. They smiled at each other, he would have offered him the knight handshake but his hands were tied.

“It is an honor to meet you sir” he began beaming like a child.

Hadrian nodded “You do not work for Cedric again”

“I work for the Lord sir” he smiled and moved to Hadrian's knots.

“The Lord?"

“He won't stop talking about Him,” Irene said.